Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Oven for Garden

Options
  • 17-03-2016 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭

I have been racking my brain to what to get my Mom for her birthday and finally decided on a pizza oven for the garden. I seem to be able to find plenty of build your own sites but would anyone know of a company that would do it for you (Cork area)? I am a disater at make and do!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Try one of the better garden centres like hanleys at kinsale road roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Builders would charge a relatively high amount as they'd need to justify actually using an entire day basically. I doubt you'd be too happy with the prices but any general small builders could do it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,550 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Fantastic idea op. Love one myself. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭irelandrover

It wouldn't just be one day for the builders. I built one myself and it has to be done in stages.
    Would take at least three days for a builder to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Miaireland wrote: »
    I have been racking my brain to what to get my Mom for her birthday and finally decided on a pizza oven for the garden. I seem to be able to find plenty of build your own sites but would anyone know of a company that would do it for you (Cork area)? I am a disater at make and do!

No offence OP but for feck's sake do a Google search - this is literally the first result that came up for me. http://www.pizzaovensireland.ie/shop/category.aspx?catid=2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

No offence OP but for feck's sake do a Google search - this is literally the first result that came up for me. http://www.pizzaovensireland.ie/shop/category.aspx?catid=2

I built a clay pizza oven about 2 years ago, and when it comes to replacing it, I will probably use these guys.

Just check the weight of some of those ovens, and make sure delivery includes setting them in place, as with the exception of the Maximus, you won't be lifting them yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Thanks, for the hrlpful advice. It is good yo hear from people who gave already done it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I always wonder about these.

For me, it would be one of those "sounded great at the time" and eventually evolve into "no, I never use it any more" toys.

Especially with the weather we get in Ireland. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

For me it would be a waste. However my mother has a very sheltered area just outside the kitchen door. She uses the barbecue all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I have fired up the oven in the middle of the Winter and it's lovely standing in front of a very hot oven in the freezing cold! Just make sure you eat indoors!

Here's an interesting alternative to making your own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Or uuni pizza ovens. Saw them at ideal home exhibition in London. Same idea as a portable bbq.

Advertisement