Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An idiot question - reheating chilli.

Options
  • 17-03-2016 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

I'm a recovering vegetarian, making a chilli for the first time tomorrow night, planning to reheat on Sat. Mods, this is a timing question, I'm not concerned about any safety issues. How long should I give myself to have the chilli reheated and ready to serve? Is 30 mins on a low heat overkill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is impossible to say how long it would take to reheat without knowing how much chilli you are making.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

If in the microwave I would usually start on 5 minutes. Take it out and stir it and if it's not steamy and hot I would put it back in again for maybe 3 more. Stir again and repeat as necessary until piping hot.

If in the pot just keep it on the heat until it's bubbling and hot.

Unless it's an enormous pot, 30 minutes is likely overkill.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

30min is too long. Bring it up on a medium heat to a light bubble then turn the heat down slightly and keep the light bubbling for 10 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Skibunny77

30min is too long. Bring it up on a medium heat to a light bubble then turn the heat down slightly and keep the light bubbling for 10 min.

Thanks! It's a pot to feed four people, I'll follow your advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

You can't guarantee that though?

OP literally leave it until it's bubbling and hot. It could take 5 mins or it could take 20.

Just keep stirring it and checking the temp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement