Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FreePBX & Goldfish

Options
  • 17-03-2016 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am trying to configure FreePBX as a internal SIP server with Goldfish. I have successfully configured FreePBX to route external routes through Goldfish SIP servers. However, I am having problems with inbound routes.

FreePBX appears to be registering correctly with Goldfish. However,

1. If I configure my Goldfish number to "Ring my IP phone" the calls are not reaching my SIP server. And I suspect that they are not even reaching my router.

2. If I configure my Goldfish number to call an external number specified as [VoIP Username]@[IP Address] where [IP Address] is the IP address of my router and I configure my router to forward incoming connections on port 8060 to my internal FreePBX server then everything works fine.

However, the problem is that Goldfish requires that I explicitly specify the IP address and their servers will not accept a domain name. I am a residential user and have a dynamic IP address. I have registered with a DDNS service (freedns.afraid.org) but cannot use this as Goldfish servers will not resolve my domain name.

I have an IP phone set up on my LAN which registers directly with Goldfish SIP servers and I have no problem with inbound or outbound calls. I do not need to tell Goldfish servers the IP address of this phone and do not need to do port forwarding in my router - the VoIP registration process takes care of all this. My FreePBX trunk also registers with Goldfish SIP servers and therefore I am at a complete loss to understand why I have to tell Goldfish my IP address and configure my router to port forward incoming calls to FreePBX - why does SIP registration not look after this in the same way that my IP phone does? Is this not the whole point of registration?

Why Goldfish servers are incapable of resolving my DDNS domain name is a question for another day. Goldfish have confirmed that this is the case but it seems to me to be serious shortcoming of the service given that the only alternative is to have a static IP address which is not available to most residential users.

Thanks in advance for suggestions, advice and any guidance that you can offer me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eamo4648

check asterisk from cli

asterisk>sip show registry
    it should show host username and state...state should be Registered

• Registered Users Posts: 5 voip

Hi,

Access Asterisk CLI with plenty:- asterisk -rvvvvvvvvv

Then issue command: sip set debug ip sip.goldfish.ie

Try to call your server and post the output.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 voip

Hi,

Access Asterisk CLI with plenty verbosity:- asterisk -rvvvvvvvvv

Then issue command: sip set debug ip sip.goldfish.ie

Try to call your server and post the output.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 christopher.sm

The problem is on Goldfish side. Ask their technical support to change configuration on their SIP Register server to accept Registration from any IP address. The authentication will be done using the username and password instead of IP address

Advertisement