Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC phone

Options
  • 17-03-2016 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

What should I download for the device to come up on my computer,? Need to take pictures and videos off it,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

thesultan wrote: »
    What should I download for the device to come up on my computer,? Need to take pictures and videos off it,

You just need to switch the mode on the device to allow you to access its SD card, I haven't used a HTC in a while but it should just be an option in the notification bar when the phone is connected via usb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

How do I switch to sd mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

You can download HTC Sync Manager here.
    http://www.htc.com/ie/support/software/htc-sync-manager.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

You just need to switch the mode on the device to allow you to access its SD card, I haven't used a HTC in a while but it should just be an option in the notification bar when the phone is connected via usb.

It depends from the model. I've got an old HTC Desire S that asks what to do when you connect it to the computer via USB. Default is charging mode. If OP opens the notification panel and then clicks on that notification, he should be able to select to act like a storage. Then the program should be in the root folder of the phone when you access it via PC.

Newer models like the HTC One M8 do everything at the same time without the need to select a mode, so just plug it in and it'll work as a storage, plus you'll be able to use HTC Sync Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

On my M9 I can charge my phone via USB on my laptop . Mine is set up to charge only but I have to open the screen on my phone and hit the notification to allow access to my photos etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

I have a htc Desire 510

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

thesultan wrote:
    I have a htc Desire 510

Have you plugged in your phone to your computer ?

If not plug it in and go search in my computer phone should pop up if not have a look at phone and see if it's asking permission to allow access to PC . If an icon pops up on PC click on it onto DCIM or something like that and you will find your images in a file there

Advertisement