Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen card, withdrawal in the bank

• 18-03-2016 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Ok so quick question.

My card was stolen, and thus blocked.

I won't be receiving the new card for a few days, but I need to withdraw my wages asap.

A. Is it possible to just withdraw using your ID and bank details?
    B. Is there any way possible to have someone else withdraw for you, or any other method? Working all day tomorrow and not near a branch, so in a bit of a rut.

I kind of need to know before morning so apologies if this was meant to be in Ask AIB.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

1moo345 wrote: »
    Ok so quick question.

My card was stolen, and thus blocked.

I won't be receiving the new card for a few days, but I need to withdraw my wages asap.

A. Is it possible to just withdraw using your ID and bank details?
    B. Is there any way possible to have someone else withdraw for you, or any other method? Working all day tomorrow and not near a branch, so in a bit of a rut.

I kind of need to know before morning so apologies if this was meant to be in Ask AIB.

Thanks in advance.

You can withdraw with ID and bank details, though I highly doubt you can have anyone else do it.

Sorry your card was stolen!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭1moo345

Thanks, it'll have to wait till Monday so :(

Didn't think it was an option but wanted to check.

The crap thing about AIB is, you can't even transfer online to someone elses account without a card reader, so that is kind of rendered useless aswell!!

Thanks! Such an inconvenience :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Just double check tomorrow maybe , as I am not 100% sure someone else cannot do it for you. I have had cards stolen and had to go in-bank with ID to get funds tho, so I feel your pain. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

If you had a cheque book, it would be no problem!

Advertisement