Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor/Mix-Down Speakers

Options
  • 18-03-2016 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Any recommendations for a cheap'ish pair or powered multi media speakers to use when monitoring/mixing down?

I'm just looking for a basic pair of powered speakers with a bit quality to them for demos.

And any recommendations for headphones for similar recording purposes.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

There's nothing more important than this stage of your project, and the quality of the speakers you use. I'm guessing you're using a room in your home or apartment, and while some people will make much of amateur room treatment, in your situation, it's not the 1st priority, but damping the room will certainly help.

My 1st recommendation would be used a pair of Genelec 1029's. They pop up on Adverts etc for €400-€500 and are the best money you'll ever spend.

Cheap speakers will not represent the true sound on your recording, and thus you've NO idea how it really sounds when you take it out of your studio. You want the best sound you can get, so make sure what you're hearing is the truth.

Hope this helps ~

g

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

+1 for good speakers. It's really hard to judge a mix on inaccurate boxes. +1 for Genelecs; Dynaudio are great for most kinds of music; Adam are great; Yamaha are great...it's a matter of taste, but certain speakers show up on the top 10 lists – maybe best not to stray to far from these models

Advertisement