Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa - locked

Options
  • 18-03-2016 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

I tried making an online purchase yesterday, but since I rarely have to use the verified by visa, the password I thought was correct, wasn't, and I eventually got to a page that said the card was locked, phone this number etc.

What I'm wondering is if the card is completely locked from use, so if I try to buy groceries or petrol, my card will be rejected? Until I phone the number?

Or is it only locked from use online, if I try to make a purchase, and forced through the verified by visa routine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

You only need the password for online purchases I think.
    Ring them asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I only have to use it buying Pizza online,

it was a nightmare as I was only using it once in a blue moon, and never remembered the password!

You can still use the card normally, it's just that for any services that require verified by visa (Ticketmaster/online Pizza) you won't be able to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

macwal wrote: »
    I tried making an online purchase yesterday, but since I rarely have to use the verified by visa, the password I thought was correct, wasn't, and I eventually got to a page that said the card was locked, phone this number etc.

What I'm wondering is if the card is completely locked from use, so if I try to buy groceries or petrol, my card will be rejected? Until I phone the number?

Or is it only locked from use online, if I try to make a purchase, and forced through the verified by visa routine?
    Hi macwal, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards, 

Yes as kleefarr and AndyboBandy mention above, this is only for online purchases using Verified by Visa. 
    You can still use your Visa Debit card at a point of sale in a shop, garage etc. using your Visa Debit PIN. To unlock your Verified by Visa password, please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and choose option 2 followed by option 2 again. Our representatives will then be able to unlock this for you. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Cheers,
    Sarah

Advertisement