Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Game

• 18-03-2016 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

So I'm heading to the states to an NFL game for the 2016 season. I have an option on tickets to Jets or Giants, Green Bay, Redskins, Cowboys or 49ers..

What would the opinions be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Going to Green Bay would be the dream for me - if you have an opportunity to get there then go!

it really all depends on the game too - I wouldnt go anywhere near the 49ers cos the atmosphere in the new stadium is rubbish and also the team aint great!

Id go Packers, Giants, Jets, Cowboys, Redskins, 49ers in order of watchabilty and stadium etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I wouldnt go anywhere near the 49ers cos the atmosphere in the new stadium is rubbish and also the team aint great!

aint great is putting it mildly. However the city is better than all the others so there is that!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

Just done some research there myself and narrowed it down to New York or San Fran so we shall see how it goes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

adrian522 wrote: »
    aint great is putting it mildly. However the city is better than all the others so there is that!

Just remember that the 49ers don't play in SF anymore (about an hour away by car or more by public transport). I know the Redskins don't play in Washington nor the Giants/Jets in NY either but I think they're closer to the cities they're named after.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The fixtures should be out in the next month or so, may be worth waiting until then.

Seriously the 49ers are terrible so I'd probably go elsewhere.

For info their home games are:

Seattle Seahawks, LA Rams, Arizona Cardinals, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I'd be looking to go to a game in September or October if you could.

• Advertisement

Giants and Jets play in New Jersey its 30mins by bus from times square...

From looking at the stadium locations, i think New York is the only half centrally located stadium!! the rest are miles away from urban areas...

I guess go Giants, unless the Jets are playing!!

Has any of you ever been to a game??

I've been to games in SF and Chicago and London as well. Also to college games both here and in Stanford. Great fun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Go to seattle, stadium is basically city centre and good fun

Chicago's stadium is right in town too if you have your pick of any city. Great city too but weather can be an issue in the second half of football season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Chicago's stadium is right in town too if you have your pick of any city. Great city too but weather can be an issue in the second half of football season.

Soft San Francisco talk that. Harden up for Bear Weather!

• Advertisement

Yeah, give me Bay Area weather over Bear weather any day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans stadium is also pretty central if you like your country music

Yeah, give me Bay Area weather over Bear weather any day.

But the city, and the location of the stadium, make up for it.

Look, as a compromise, id recommend green bay. That way you get all the crappy weather, but after the game, you're stuck in green bay with nothing to do.

Titans stadium is also pretty central if you like your country music

Great town for fantastic dirty barbecue food as well. A lot going for it in fairness.

Yeah looks good just done some googling!!

I won this trip you see, flights, 4nights accommadation and tickets to the game for 2...

SO i want to be close to somewhere that there is something to do after it, so Looking at New York, Nashville is one i hadn't thought on but is somewhere id love to see. Dont know its on the list tho

jimbo32123 wrote: »

I won this trip you see, flights, 4nights accommadation and tickets to the game for 2...

SO i want to be close to somewhere that there is something to do after it, so Looking at New York, Nashville is one i hadn't thought on but is somewhere id love to see. Dont know its on the list tho

That is a really cool prize. Great problem to have! Remember that this year LA is now also an option (dunno if it's covered by the prize though of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Do you need a friend?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Do you need a friend?

Ha you wouldnt be the first offer of that SantryRed. phonme been hoping all day but I dont think herself would be to enamoured if i didnt take her though!! Could be out with the dog for a while!!!

Ha you wouldnt be the first offer of that SantryRed. phonme been hoping all day but I dont think herself would be to enamoured if i didnt take her though!! Could be out with the dog for a while!!!

You and the dog could set up shop in Nashville or wherever though, so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Such a cool win.

Since it's a four night stay, I'd definitely recommend NY. Whilst GB would be the coolest and most historic, it's a 3 hour drive from Chicago, so unless you could swing staying there, I wouldn't go for it.

San Fran is also a bit far for a four night stay and the jet lag that could occur. I'd definitely recommend Nashville or NY in your situation.

• Advertisement

Wait, is Miami a possibility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I'd go with the Jets as first choice. From the games I've attended atmosphere wise the Jets are better than the Giants. They also have the better team right now although the Giants obviously have the bigger star in Odell Beckham. Metlife is very accessible from Manhattan too. Train and bus are available and take about half an hour.

Redskins games are awkward because it's a 30 minute train from DC and another 20 minute walk from the station to the stadium. DC is a really nice place though.

If I'm a neutral fan I'm going with NYC as first choice personally. So much to do in NYC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd go with New York for sure from those options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If you're going for the holiday, New York is the top destination

If you're going for NFL, Green Bay would be my choice

Amazing prize

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Are Jets tickets readily available on Ticketmaster? Wouldn't mind going to see the Bears either. Have a mate that lives in Chicago.

Smegball wrote: »
    Are Jets tickets readily available on Ticketmaster? Wouldn't mind going to see the Bears either. Have a mate that lives in Chicago.

You can get tickets easily on stubhub, dunno about the jets but it can get a little pricey for bears games so best to go looking early. Chicago is great though because, unlike nearly all the other stadiums, soldier field is very central, you're basically in the city centre, is a great area to hang around in before and after the game.

Venue and football wise, would have to be Lambeau and Green Bay for me...but I'm biased.

City wise, would have to be NY or Washington. Both rammed with places to see.

As a matter of interest OP, what was the competition that we're ALL gonna enter next year?!

It was a competition in Croke Park at the club finals on St Patrick's day. It was run by AIB in conjunction with the TV show The Toughest Trade..

Basically you had to write a message on the little fan boards with the best/funniest or whatever being picked from the crowd, 3 were picked during the hurling and 3 during the football.

I was selected during the football and went down pitch side at HT and picked an ambassador who pucked or kicked at a target. The highest scoring ambassador won a holiday for the competitor ie ME

• Advertisement

It was a competition in Croke Park at the club finals on St Patrick's day. It was run by AIB in conjunction with the TV show The Toughest Trade..

Basically you had to write a message on the little fan boards with the best/funniest or whatever being picked from the crowd, 3 were picked during the hurling and 3 during the football.

I was selected during the football and went down pitch side at HT and picked an ambassador who pucked or kicked at a target. The highest scoring ambassador won a holiday for the competitor ie ME

Savage. Who was your ambassador? I know there's a few lads who are into AF, Jackie Tyrell is a huge fan (of the Cowboys, ugh).

Podge Collins!!

Advertisement