Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Delboy's 'F*ck Right Off' (FRO's) clips..

• 18-03-2016 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Most of you have probably been following Delboys garage video's, but what about his 'FRO's?.

This is probably one of my fav's, one which I identify with most I think.

Probably because I'm around biking as long as Delboy and have seen the change over the years and how fragmented biking is now compared to 'back in the good ol'days.

Anyway, Delboys FRO's ~ anyone been following them?. I think they're brilliant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Reminds me of a comment from a BMW riding colleague at work who stated...

"I'm not one of those greasy bikers like you, I'm a motorcyclist"

Fuck off...

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Can only agree with his rant, good points well made, thanks for posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Only been riding a short time compared to some of you guys but I can totally relate to what he's saying, he's hit a fair few nails on the head there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Reminds me of a comment from a BMW riding colleague at work who stated...

"I'm not one of those greasy bikers like you, I'm a motorcyclist"

Fuck off...

Well I'm not being defensive but I rode a BMW for four years and I'd to put up with sh*t from other motorcyclists about me being a BMW rider, so it really goes both ways.

Well I'm not being defensive but I rode a BMW for four years and I'd to put up with sh*t from other motorcyclists about me being a BMW rider, so it really goes both ways.
    True that Mak!

Myself, I don't give a fuck what anyone else rides, two wheels is two wheels, if you're stuck at the side of the road I'll give ye a dig out if I can ;)

• Advertisement

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    True that Mak!

Myself, I don't give a fuck what anyone else rides, two wheels is two wheels, if you're stuck at the side of the road I'll give ye a dig out if I can ;)

Yup, I often get the impression we're (us two) are probably thinking along the same lines most of the time here.

I just love biking, all biking and I've owned everyone from a Vespa PX200E to all sorts of Japs and a God forsaken BMW (I swear to f*ck I'd turn one down if I was offered one for free).

I've no desire to own a HD (or Brit) unless I wanted to go down the MC route, which I'm not ruling one one day but not just yet (I'll stay support for now).

Some of Delboys FRO clips are deadly, I like the guy :cool:

I've no desire to own a HD (or Brit) unless I wanted to go down the MC route, which I'm not ruling one one day but not just yet (I'll stay support for now).
    Been there, done that, retired member of good standing ;)

Knocked it on the head when politics took over from the craic, life's too short...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I,'ve been riding since 78, even back then there was snobbery..I was in a club ,I rode a cb125..the guys on the bigger bikes would all but ignore you and more or less dismiss anything you had to say...and so it was until I got a bigger bike, but by that time I,d got together with my "crew"..the lads who didn't care what you rode...so there was always a few groups within the club.....after a few years of rallies etc I got a bit pissed off and left, by that time it was mid 80,s and a lot of lads were leaving or getting off bikes ..
    I generally have been a loner, that way there's no pressure to compete or feel the need to keep up with mates who have the latest bike or gear...I know guys like this, these are the ones I have little time for, it's all about image and not mixing with certain groups or riders because they're on the "wrong" bike....like Delboy I work on my own bikes,there's very few guys that do that these days,partly because the new bikes have so much electronic crap but mostly because they only want to ride them till the new model comes along..
    Just my tuppence worth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

The right bike for me is the right bike for me regardless of the tank badge. My next bike will be a beemer, it won't change me or turn me into a snob.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

Enjoyed that vid, old school were the better days.
    Nowadays, there's nothing but cliques.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Maybe it's more of a city thing? I know down here in the sticks Bikers tend to be bikers and will chat to anyone IME.
    I talk to anyone but no stereotyping the ones that I found the hardest work were the Adventure guys on GS's.
    They'd hardly look at you let alone talk to you!
    Looking at my garage you couldn't pin me down to any one style but it would have to be more offroad oriented.

D3V!L wrote: »
    The right bike for me is the right bike for me regardless of the tank badge. My next bike will be a beemer, it won't change me or turn me into a snob.

Or so you think.....;)
    CJhaughey wrote: »
    Maybe it's more of a city thing? I know down here in the sticks Bikers tend to be bikers and will chat to anyone IME.
    I talk to anyone but no stereotyping the ones that I found the hardest work were the Adventure guys on GS's.
    They'd hardly look at you let alone talk to you!
    Looking at my garage you couldn't pin me down to any one style but it would have to be more offroad oriented.

I know 2 guys (mates) with GS's....when they got them they started to hang around with more lads on those type of bikes....now they're "those" sort of people....it's not the bike,its the people who ride them.....not generalising btw..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

It's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy though in fairness - I got a load of stick for getting a GS, and it'd put you off the lads who do it (which is close to everyone when it comes to the 'friendly' beemer slagging).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'm only riding 25 years :) but that spoke to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

At the start of that clip and throughout it that guy seems to be driving very fast through a built up area with lots of housing estates, overtaking cars when there is oncoming traffic and generally not paying much attention to his own driving because his mind is on his you tube channel and his latest video commentary.

He should probably F.R.O. with his go-pro and resit his driving test and concentrate on his driving instead of whinging and bitching about other on the road who are generally better behaved than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

foggy_lad wrote: »
    At the start of that clip and throughout it that guy seems to be driving very fast through a built up area with lots of housing estates, overtaking cars when there is oncoming traffic and generally not paying much attention to his own driving because his mind is on his you tube channel and his latest video commentary.

He should probably F.R.O. with his go-pro and resit his driving test and concentrate on his driving instead of whinging and bitching about other on the road who are generally better behaved than him.
    I don't agree, he has very good observational skills, constantly checking his mirrors and looking over his shoulder as well, also observing any junctions he is coming up to for vehicles entering from the side.
    He looks to me like a guy who is very used to riding a bike and making progress.

I don't agree, he has very good observational skills, constantly checking his mirrors and looking over his shoulder as well, also observing any junctions he is coming up to for vehicles entering from the side.
    He looks to me like a guy who is very used to riding a bike and making progress.

I thought the same thing,and I agree with foggy..if you asked him the colour of the last car he passed or what road sign I think he,d struggle to remember....it's the equivalent to using your phone while driving imo....
    As I said I,'ve watched all his videos, some made me laugh, others especially his survival bike made me cringe a bit..but he,s a guy who likes to hear his own opinion on most things...imo..;)

Agreed, he seems at one with his bike and surroundings.
    if you asked him the colour of the last car he passed or what road sign I think he,d struggle to remember

Sometimes I'd struggle to remember what color bike I'm riding :pac:

Sometimes I'd struggle to remember what color bike I'm riding :pac:[/QUOTE]

True that bro.....:)

Advertisement