Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to make a bid?

Options
  • 18-03-2016 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Went to see a house last weekend. Seems to be just on the market.
    I very much like it.
    However, I want to see it again (this time with the OH) hopefully next week sometime when she's available as she's been out of the country until next Monday.
    I'm new to this buying lark... would there be a danger it'd go off the market / get a bid that seller is happy with between now and then? They have an open viewing planned for this weekend again.
    Should I express my interest and put in a bid?
    I would hope when we both see it next week we'll know for sure if it's right for us or not.
    (There were no bids on when I went to see it).

We've been looking for a good few months and nothing has really come up but this one looks like a real possibility.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Moved to Accomodation and Property at users request.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Should I express my interest and put in a bid?
    Yes and no.

Yes, let the EA know that you are interested.

No, don't bid until your partner has had a chance to see the place and form her own opinion. Tell the EA that when she has seen it, you think a serious bid is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd echo P. Breathnach. Call the EA and let him know that you're considering a bid but want your partner to have a look first and make the appointment. They're not going to agree a deal when another party has expressed serious interest unless the offer from the other party is well in excess of the asking imo.

Advertisement