Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin accommodation- where to look?

Options
  • 18-03-2016 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I need to urgently find accommodation in dublin be it in a houseshare or a my own apartment but so far I'm quite out of luck. I go on daft but most of the type of accomodation I'm looking for over there is short term, which means the price is insane. Is there a best website for finding a place to live in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It sounds like you're looking from abroad. You really need to be here to get a place, competition is fierce. Daft is still the main place but you can also check rent.ie and the rentals section of myhome.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

I'm actually in Cork, but I got a job up in dublin for 4 months,so looking for some room-sharing or studios. Will check out myhome.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Daft has a house/apartment sharing option. But you may find people reluctant to rent to you for only 4 months, as, they'll have to start the room mate search all over again so soon. Most rentals will want you to commit to a year. The short term listings, that are specifically short term, tend to be geared towards business travelers. Their company is picking up the tab, so that drives prices up. While the initial monthly fee may seem very steep, it will generally include all your bills....heating, gas, electricity, cable tv, broadband etc etc. You won't get all of them included in your standard 12 month lease.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

it will be difficult to find a place for just four months. There is a lot of competition and limited places available. A friend rents on air bnb. Maybe you could work something out with one of the owners listed there, although their busy time starts in may

Advertisement