Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madonna concert, is this sexual assault?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

wtf? what a pathetic comment. Maybe you like watching teenagers get sexually molested by a OAP wanting to widen their hole, but it's not my cup of tea. I supposed you like the video of Jimmy feeling the girl up on TOTP too?

how come this lad got charged?
    Jeremy Jackson receives police caution after being kicked out of Celebrity Big Brother house for exposing Chloe Goodman's breast

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...caution-police.

Fabulous, I am off for some of that. I had no idea Madonna wanted to widen her hole. You must see something in this story we're all missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Fabulous, I am off for some of that. I had no idea Madonna wanted to widen her hole. You must see something in this story we're all missing.

So you don't know half the story? Good man, what ever you do don't actually educate yourself on what happened

huurrr huurr something something breast

So you don't know half the story? Good man, what ever you do don't actually educate yourself on what happened

huurrr huurr something something breast

You'd want to watch those stress levels, not good for your health. Nighty night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

Ew, creepy. The act and the way she talked about the girl. It certainly would be considered worse if by a man, to be fair, but it is up to the girl to be the one to express objection to it.
    The stunt she pulled with Drake was a lot worse IMO, for a minute there he looked very perplexed by the whole incident
    Yeah I thought that was horrible.
    py2006 wrote: »
    Forget it. It's would only be considered sexual assault if a man did it. It's all a bit of fun when a woman does it and sure her 'fan' has her moment of fame.
    No it isn't a bit of fun if a woman does it. I agree it is not as heavily criticised but not everyone thinks it's a bit of fun either.
    So if I see Madonna out an about, I can rip off her top, for the craic?
    Of course not, who implied that? You keep going on about her age too - it would not be good if done by a younger woman either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

how come this lad got charged?
    Jeremy Jackson receives police caution after being kicked out of Celebrity Big Brother house for exposing Chloe Goodman's breast

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...caution-police.

The link doesn't work for me (probably because I'm on mobile), but the circumstances of that case were completely different, and Chloe Goodman at the time ran screaming from the bathroom in tears, visibly upset, and claimed she didn't feel safe with Jackson in the house that night.

That was the same series in which Perez Hilton threatened to rape Calum Best, and received a caution from the shows producers, but was never cautioned by police.

EDIT:

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2934479/Perez-Hilton-given-warning-threatening-sexually-assault-Calum-Best-Celebrity-Big-Brother.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Ice Maiden wrote: »
    No it isn't a bit of fun if a woman does it. I agree it is not as heavily criticised but not everyone thinks it's a bit of fun either.

I was highlighting the double standard by that comment and not suggesting it was a bit of fun myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

The link doesn't work for me (probably because I'm on mobile), but the circumstances of that case were completely different, and Chloe Goodman at the time ran screaming from the bathroom in tears, visibly upset, and claimed she didn't feel safe with Jackson in the house that night.

That was the same series in which Perez Hilton threatened to rape Calum Best, and received a caution from the shows producers, but was never cautioned by police.

EDIT:

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2934479/Perez-Hilton-given-warning-threatening-sexually-assault-Calum-Best-Celebrity-Big-Brother.html

She then came out the next day and defended him, saying she didn't think he meant anything malicious and would like to smooth things over with him. How did Madonna know what this girls reaction would be, or is she just lucky she got a compliant victim?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/01/12/celebrity-big-brother-jeremy-jackson-chloe-goodman_n_6454388.html

I don't know about the perez rape thing, that's also a disgrace, it's not a show I watch.

She then came out the next day and defended him, saying she didn't think he meant anything malicious and would like to smooth things over with him. How did Madonna know what this girls reaction would be, or is she just lucky she got a compliant victim?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/01/12/celebrity-big-brother-jeremy-jackson-chloe-goodman_n_6454388.html

I don't know about the perez rape thing, that's also a disgrace, it's not a show I watch.

I would say she was incredibly lucky she did it to someone who doesn't consider herself a victim of an on-stage act that went badly wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

I was highlighting the double standard by that comment and not suggesting it was a bit of fun myself.
    Yes you were saying it's considered a bit of fun across the board if by women. No it isn't. You don't consider it a bit of fun, I don't - many others like us.

• Advertisement
  • Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

I would say she was incredibly lucky she did it to someone who doesn't consider herself a victim of an on-stage act that went badly wrong.

There is also the power that Madonna as a celebrity commands.

The girl is an aspiring model, so if, for example, she decided to speak out and say that yes, she did actually consider it sexual assault and stated that, then any budding career would be over before it started. Far better strategy to capitalise on the media exposure and launch her modelling career off this incident. A modern version of a casting couch really. Isn't the celebrity arena rife with people in positions of influence offering opportunities to aspiring artists with strings attached? Not saying its right, but it is what it is.

As for Mad-Donna, she's really scraping the bottom of the barrel. All she really had going for her back in her heyday was the shock factor and using her image in a sexual way. As a singer or performer she's always been pretty mediocre, and woeful as an actress. Now she is ageing, and the sex-vixen image is long gone, and the world is pretty unshockable compared to her Like A Prayer era, so she is scrabbling to stay hip and relevant. It's a bit like your Mum dressing up in fishnets and micro minis and wanting to go dancing on the bar of the club you go to. Just cringy. You just want to dress her in something more age appropriate and shuffle her off down the bingo with her mates. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Ice Maiden wrote: »
    Yes you were saying it's considered a bit of fun across the board if by women. No it isn't. You don't consider it a bit of fun, I don't - many others like us.

Madonna does...

Lets just say situations like this are not seen as serious...

Madonna does...

Lets just say situations like this are not seen as serious...

You obviously are viewing the situation as serious, so that's a start. Other people don't. The people involved in the incident didn't see it as serious, and in order for me to see it as serious, I'd have to have taken Madonna seriously in the first place, which I don't, and quite frankly never have done. So when she does something like this, it's just another one for the cringe files, and nothing more.

Wesentlich wrote: »
    Can someone define what sexual assault is?

As can be seen from this thread, everyone is going to have their own definition of sexual assault. I would consider sexual assault as the intended use of force to violate a person's sexual integrity. It's not a definition you'll find in any law books.

The girl in question doesn't feel that she was the victim of a sexual assault, so I'm not going to disagree with her and try to make out there was a victim where there was none, in order to condemn Madonna for an attempted sexual assault.

That would simply be trivialising the gravity of sexual assault IMO, and that's what I would condemn Madonna for, is her trivialising the gravity of sexual assault with her stupid comment after what she did.

Considering that it's Madonna though, any criticism of her behaviour would only be feeding the publicity machine, and Madonna knows how to do good publicity.

Or even bad publicity as it were. Though there is some discussion if there is such a thing. Sexual impropriety would definitely be very much at the line.

Or even bad publicity as it were. Though there is some discussion if there is such a thing. Sexual impropriety would definitely be very much at the line.

Madonna's whole career has been based upon her pushing the boundaries of sexual impropriety. That's likely why one of her fans would describe what happened as the best day of her life, because she was involved in Madonna pushing yet more "boundaries". The point wasn't that the girl should be ashamed of her body, but that's the way she chose to see people's criticism of Madonna's behaviour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement