Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Cleanup

Options
  • 18-03-2016 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.dublincity.ie/teamdublincleanup

I saw a poster for this earlier today.

I'm used to local community 'tidy-town' drives etc..., but this struck me as a bit odd for such a large scale operation.
    Aren't we paying god knows how many taxes for the local Councils to look after the cleanliness of our city streets?

I'd rather a focus on litter enforcement around the city.

blurb wrote:
    TEAM DUBLIN CLEAN UP 2016 will be the biggest community clean up event ever undertaken in Dublin City. We are aiming to invite up to 10,000 volunteers to take part in clean up events across all areas of Dublin City for 2 hours on Easter Saturday, 26th March 2016.

The Team Dublin Clean-Up is based on the many small community clean ups and Adopt the Street schemes across the City and inspired by the success of a similar Team Limerick Clean-Up Event in 2015. It is also based on the premise that a clean Dublin is a Dublin to be proud of and is in fact, a shared responsibility of us all so we are inviting members of the public, businesses etc. to join the TEAM DUBLIN CLEAN -UP 2016 on Easter Saturday to help us make Dublin a litter free City.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,276 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

How dare you? It's almost as if you think it's much easier to issue a press release than to do actual work. Clearly I expect DCC to be issuing property tax refunds to all participants.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement