Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Swords

Options
  • 18-03-2016 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

Just wondering what the commute from Swords is like.

The wife and I are thinking about moving out towards Swords to be closer to family. I work in Rathfarnham but will hope to move into work in Town and she is teacher in Phibsboro

thanks

The Bin Man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

A lot of variables to that question , where in Swords can make a big difference if using Public Transport or time of day would be a big issue if driving .
    I work in Phibs area and sometimes start early (6.30am) and it only takes 20 mins to drive. (Manor area) . Ive also sat on the 41 for 70-80 mins on a busy evening from Dorset St.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

20-40 mins on the bike depending on how hard you go.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I live in Swords and used work in Dundrum, I left the job due to the commute, it was horrific.

Rathfarnham would be the same.

The others should be fine tbh. Most of the time now I work in Dublin 2/4 and it's grand between the 41x Swords express or a dart from Malahide depending on where I am working.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

20-40 mins on the bike depending on how hard you go.
    ...and always guaranteed a seat! :cool:

Advertisement