Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High vocalist wanted

• 18-03-2016 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭

I would like a high range vocalist please, preferably female but male could also work (something like Matthew Koma's voice in Hardwell's 'Dare You'). It is for my EDM song 'Infinity' which goes from low to high to low to high and then a very big blast at the chorus. I am not sure about live performances but definitely for studio recording. It is going to be one of my singles and planning on making a music video for it. Let me know if you're interested. If you're a "lyric critic" :pac:, then here's the lyrics for you and the instrumental

And so it ends
    It's time to go
    Leave the stage
    Close down the show

Tomorrow is a new day
    We know that it's ours
    Don't accept rejection
    Do I make myself clear?

Used to always say
    Life is no perfection
    But now I sing in forte
    Ignore the condemnation

Catch the rainbow
    Hold the scene
    Keep the faith
    Live the dream

Skate the wind
    Fly the cloud
    Catch the sunshine
    Laugh out loud

Rise high up to the sky
    And see you live it now
    Infinity
    Up off the ground

[Beat break]

Plough the ocean
    Race the sea
    Grasp the tide
    Stay with me

Chase the moonlight
    Grasp the light
    Ride the stars
    Do whatever’s right

Used to always say
    Life is no perfection
    But now I sing in forte
    Ignore the condemnation

Catch the rainbow
    Hold the scene
    Keep the faith
    Live the dream

Skate the wind
    Fly the cloud
    Catch the sunshine
    Laugh out loud

Rise high up to the sky
    And see you live it now
    Infinity
    Up off the ground

[Beat break]

Rise high up to the sky
    And see you live it now
    Infinity
    Infinity
    Up off the ground

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Anybody? Please... I really want to release the official music video soon!

BUMP

BUMP

BUMP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 magar88

Hi Im interested in doing some project work.
    Have a listen to my vocals on Spotify and let me know if it's what your looking for.
    Search for skyfever on Spotify that's a great band I used to Front.

Look forward to your response

• Advertisement

magar88 wrote: »
    Hi Im interested in doing some project work.
    Have a listen to my vocals on Spotify and let me know if it's what your looking for.
    Search for skyfever on Spotify that's a great band I used to Front.

Look forward to your response

You seem to be good enough for the song, I like you.

Do YOU think your voice would be alright with the pitch 'Infinity' has?

Even if you live far from me, it don't matter because I have a special way of recording songs.

Well.... Magar88

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭permangulator

Hey man! Really glad to see you'r trying to get yourself out there. Lyrics are pretty good too to the song..fair deuce. Just a piece of advise (you're more than welcome to disagree). Maybe you should leave it up to the vocalist to decide how to sing the song. Whether that's in a high, medium or low pitch. Try to get a few different vocalists put a different twist on the tune and see what you can get. I've worked within that capacity and it's genuinely much more productive gathering a bunch of ideas as oppose to just telling a vocalist what way they should sing the song. That way they might feel slightly confined to the 'guidelines' you're setting out. I'm not a know it all...just throwing my idea out. I like that you seem ambitious about the project! ðŸ‘ðŸ»

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Well.... Magar88

Hey man! Really glad to see you'r trying to get yourself out there. Lyrics are pretty good too to the song..fair deuce. Just a piece of advise (you're more than welcome to disagree). Maybe you should leave it up to the vocalist to decide how to sing the song. Whether that's in a high, medium or low pitch. Try to get a few different vocalists put a different twist on the tune and see what you can get. I've worked within that capacity and it's genuinely much more productive gathering a bunch of ideas as oppose to just telling a vocalist what way they should sing the song. That way they might feel slightly confined to the 'guidelines' you're setting out. I'm not a know it all...just throwing my idea out. I like that you seem ambitious about the project! ðŸ‘ðŸ»

I did a practice run of Infinity in which I try to sing high and obviously was a struggle because I'm a horrible singer. I need a high vocalist specifically because that's the pitch of the song or else it doesn't sound good.

I really want to have this recorded and released before the end of the year. And if you're confused of how high pitched the singer has to be, then listen to Leona Lewis' song 'Collide', the pitch she sings at in the chorus is how the singer should sound for my song.

• Advertisement
Advertisement