Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clonakilty West - Fibre enabled date?

• 18-03-2016 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

The fibrerollout.ie map lists Clonakilty West exchange as 'Fibre Services Planned' with a first live service of Spring/Summer 2016.

I'm wondering are you able to be more specific as to when that date will be?  And if you can't be more specific now, what's the best way for me to know when it has been enabled?  Is there any way of knowing, other than repeatedly checking the fibrerollout.ie map?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

el kabong wrote: »
    The fibrerollout.ie map lists Clonakilty West exchange as 'Fibre Services Planned' with a first live service of Spring/Summer 2016.

I'm wondering are you able to be more specific as to when that date will be?  And if you can't be more specific now, what's the best way for me to know when it has been enabled?  Is there any way of knowing, other than repeatedly checking the fibrerollout.ie map?
    Hi el kabong, 

I'm afraid we can't offer a more specific date on this, the map is the best way to keep updated. 

Being within the planning phase can take some time before it'll become live I'm afraid, we have no exact timeframe. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 18 el kabong

Hi el kabong, 

I'm afraid we can't offer a more specific date on this, the map is the best way to keep updated. 

Being within the planning phase can take some time before it'll become live I'm afraid, we have no exact timeframe. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Resurrecting this thread from March 2016. As you can see at the time the fibrerollout map promised fibre services to Clonakilty West for Spring/Summer 2016.  Three years later, your company has changed its name to eir, Tracey seems to have left, but one thing remains constant, there are still no fibre services available in Clonakilty West.   
    The map which Tracey suggested was the best way to keep updated now shows the Clonakilty West exchange as 'commenced' with estimated first service in mid/late 2018, while shading the actual area covered by the exchange as 'live'.   Not only have eir failed for the umpteenth time to deliver the service on the scheduled date, they've now even stopped their previous habit of bumping the rollout date on the map forward every so often so it didn't look bad.

Can you tell me what your current forecast date for this service in Clonakilty West is?   Can you also explain why you have shaded the rollout map to indicate the service is live, when it isn't?  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi el kabong, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Resurrecting this thread from March 2016. As you can see at the time the fibrerollout map promised fibre services to Clonakilty West for Spring/Summer 2016.  Three years later, your company has changed its name to eir, Tracey seems to have left, but one thing remains constant, there are still no fibre services available in Clonakilty West.   
    The map which Tracey suggested was the best way to keep updated now shows the Clonakilty West exchange as 'commenced' with estimated first service in mid/late 2018, while shading the actual area covered by the exchange as 'live'.   Not only have eir failed for the umpteenth time to deliver the service on the scheduled date, they've now even stopped their previous habit of bumping the rollout date on the map forward every so often so it didn't look bad.

Can you tell me what your current forecast date for this service in Clonakilty West is?   Can you also explain why you have shaded the rollout map to indicate the service is live, when it isn't?  
    Hi el kabong

If you have an existing account with eir can you pm me the following details along with your eircode and I will look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB
    5) 1st line of address

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 18 el kabong

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi el kabong, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi el kabong

If you have an existing account with eir can you pm me the following details along with your eircode and I will look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB
    5) 1st line of address

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Linzi,

I don't have a retail account with eir, I'm with another service provider.  However, they have no visibility into when eir's wholesale arm will make fibre broadband available in Clonakilty West, and can only tell me that there is no commencement date set in the system.   Eir maintain the fibrerollout.ie map to indicate where fibre is available, and when it will be available in areas that currently don't have it.  And at the moment that map directly contradicts the reality on the ground.   
    Is this forum only for interacting with the retail arm of eir?   If so, how do I interact with Open eir, in particular with whatever section of it maintains that fibrerollout.ie map?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi el kabong, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi el kabong

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB
    5) 1st line of address

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Linzi,

I don't have a retail account with eir, I'm with another service provider.  However, they have no visibility into when eir's wholesale arm will make fibre broadband available in Clonakilty West, and can only tell me that there is no commencement date set in the system.   Eir maintain the fibrerollout.ie map to indicate where fibre is available, and when it will be available in areas that currently don't have it.  And at the moment that map directly contradicts the reality on the ground.   
    Is this forum only for interacting with the retail arm of eir?   If so, how do I interact with Open eir, in particular with whatever section of it maintains that fibrerollout.ie map?
    Hi el kabong

This forum is only for the retail section of eir.  We do not have access to any information regarding fibre rollout.  Click here to view the open eir support page. 

Many thanks

Linzi

• Advertisement
Advertisement