Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Perennial Flowers/Plants for Pots

Options
  • 18-03-2016 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for some suggestions for some decent perennial flowers for a large pot for something new this year. Something that flowers throughout the summer months. I've a small garden with roses, hydrangeas, fuschias so something different to these would be great. All suggestions welcome :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

I like geranium ( pelargoniums) for summer colour
    Drought tolerant in pots and no pest problems
    Flowers continuously until frost just need to dead head

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Perennial Wallflowers would be good, so too Scabiosa, Leucanthemum and some of the Salvias provide an excellent summer long display. Others worth considering Helenium, Rudbeckia and Dahlias.

If you plan a combination, you can guarantee a 6 month continuous display. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hi All,

Looking for some suggestions for some decent perennial flowers for a large pot for something new this year. Something that flowers throughout the summer months. I've a small garden with roses, hydrangeas, fuschias so something different to these would be great. All suggestions welcome :-)

I love persicaria affinis superba. Small leaves with slender flowers that must last at least 6 months. Great in pots as I believe they need to be controlled. I'm growing some from seed this year, will donate if I have leftover and you're interested. In Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

You can't beat Nepeta "Six Hills Giant" (Catmint). Lovely, sprawls all round the pot and flowers for ages.

Advertisement