Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you request a BOI bank statement now?

Options
  • 18-03-2016 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I requested my BOI bank statement on 04-Mar-2016 on a BOI ATM and I still haven't got it today (18-Mar-2016).

The Customer Service Line is saying it takes 5-7 working days and I should be able to get it on Wednesday (16-Mar-2016) at latest. Apparently the operator was not even bothered to check if my bank statement has been posted out or not.

I dropped over to a BOI branch today and was told I will need to manually print off the bank statement from my online banking account. I now have a black-white printout of my bank statement, compared to previously posted ones which have coloured BOI header at the top of the paper. I was told this printout will work but I am not convinced because the application I am doing now requires the original bank statement....

I need official answers on 1) What is the correct way of requesting the original bank statement (coloured printout)? 2) If the requested bank statement never arrives after 7 working days, who do I contact to resolve it? 3) Is the black-white printout of the bank statement really as effective as the original one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning icylava, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

You can order coloured bank statements via the Online Service Desk when logged into 365Online using the 'Order Duplicate Statements' option in the drop down box. These will be posted to your address and should be received within 5 to 7 working days. Fees will apply and you'll be notified of the specific charges when ordering. For more information on what you can do via the Online Service Desk please see here

If you do not receive these statements, you can send an 'Ask a Question' email via the Online Service Desk or call 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to look into this for you. 

Finally, most institutions will accept eStatements as the are exact copies of your statements but in black and white. We would suggest that you contact the party whom requires them to confirm and if acceptable, it will save you time and money. 

You can view all the benefits of eStatements here on our website. 

I hope this helps address your queries and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I have a long running BOI savings account. Am I still entitled to a FREE yearly statement or do I have to pay for it?

I've spent hours going over your website and checking t & c's and nothing is clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I have a long running BOI savings account. Am I still entitled to a FREE yearly statement or do I have to pay for it?

I've spent hours going over your website and checking t & c's and nothing is clear.
    Good Morning Delta2113, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

You are certainly entitled to your yearly statement on your account, without charge. The fees which I mentioned in the previous post are only related to duplicates of your original statement. 

I hope this helps clarify your query and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

Hi, can I request a statement for a savings account without going into branch? I am not registered for online or telephone banking at present. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

ppn wrote: »
    Hi, can I request a statement for a savings account without going into branch? I am not registered for online or telephone banking at present. 

Hi ppn,

thanks for getting in touch with us here today. To request a statement for your account a call would be necessary to our customer service team on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000(if abroad). Please be assured that one of our advisors will be happy to help you with this and also register you for online and telephone banking if you wish.

Just to add when registered for Banking 365 online you have access to all your account statements free of charge when logged into your account online, select statements and statements and documents.

I hope this helps and please feel free to get back in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
Advertisement