Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to disconnect - Loyal Customer Deals

Options
  • 18-03-2016 8:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

Paying 103 per month for the pleasere of 1MB Eir Broadband.  Called EIR this evening and the advise that they can do nothing about either.  I do not have a contract with them.  So here's the thing. To disconnect they say i must put it in writing and there is a 30 days notice perod, so they get another mont payment is reason for that. I do not have a signed contract with them so  I dont know how they came up with that and i said that and the guy says it is on the web under Terms & Conditions.I advise him that i have not ticked tha box either.  Anyone know if they can do that? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its a verbal contract, you agreed to it when you originally ordered. 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 boodles

ED E wrote: »
    Its a verbal contract, you agreed to it when you originally ordered. 

That would be 25 years ago,!!! they refer to me as la oyal customer but I am not sure why. Fibre is much cheaper and all they are providing me with is 1 mb. Can anyone recommend good wire broadband in Midlands?

Are you paying 103/mo or 103/two months? Whats generating such a bill? Normally its 40-55/mo depending on your deal.

All the fixed line options you can avail of will be between 39-50/mo with the same line rate, all are openEir resellers so the market is pretty flat. 

Are you paying 103/mo or 103/two months? Whats generating such a bill? Normally its 40-55/mo depending on your deal.

All the fixed line options you can avail of will be between 39-50/mo with the same line rate, all are openEir resellers so the market is pretty flat. 

Every two months. Consists of talk time and broadband. Don't use phone. Keeping it for broadband which is 1 mb but it is consistent. Trying three, vfe. Meteor but they are not consistent. Err is reliable but poor. Would prefer wire to sim

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What do you mean when you say you don't use your phone, you're keeping it for broadband?

• Advertisement

Sorry,let me be clearer.  There is a landland line which is for calls and broadband.  We seldom use the land line but i keep it as family members are away and it is connected and "out there" with banks etc etc so i want to hold on to that.  We use mobiles for day to day calls, sms etc.

My preference is wired with wifi capability but 1MB is just too poor with the number of connections increasing.  My challenge with EIR is that if i lived in a city i would be getting 100MB on Fibre for less money so that is the financial challenge.

The day to day practical challenge is that I am looking for more power and i have now connected a VFE wifi option on trial that is getting me 22MB downoad at present.  But with this i Lose the landline if i disconnect EIR.

VFE do what Eir offer too but it will cost the same and will be same bandwith.  No advantage here and i am bring in another supplier into the loop for no advantage

Hope this makes sense. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Have you checked what your line is capable of?

Google search LINE CHECKER will send you to the various vendors sites to check your line.

If your line supports say 5 meg then some of the resellers will give you 5 meg at the standard price whereas Eir will charge more, even if the minimum speed might be say 3 meg they will throttle back to 1 meg and then upsell to 3 and charge more.

That said if eir haven't tried to offer higher than 1 meg then maybe its not available on your line but I thought most DSL was at least 3 meg nowadays.

What exchange are you connected to? (What town/village) Theres a reasonable chance you're on the NGN/NGB rollout list at this point so it might be a matter of months. 

glasson Village, nearest town is Athlone, thanks

I have called Eir Techincal Support earlier today.  My BB is set to 2 MB.  There is potential for max of 5 MB at present.  My bundle is for 8MB.  The guy I spoke to said he did now know why if is set at 2MB and that is why I only get 1MB.  He did some troubleshooting and he has pushed it up to 4MG and my latest net speed test shows it holding at that.  This is a major breakthrough, provided it remains consistent.  Any of you lucky eFibre owners out there, this is reason for us to celebrate for sure!!  My broadband speed has increased 4 fold!!!!  This is a major breakthrough for Rural Ireland. :D

• Advertisement

boodles wrote: »
    GSN1_E01
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Fibre Broadband Cabinet is planned for this location[/font]

Unfortunately no date means it'll probably be more than 6 months.

Its current a remote exchange, presumably the radio link is via Athlone. You'd be better off on a 4G connection until OpenEir perform the upgrade. 

GSN1_E01
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Fibre Broadband Cabinet is planned for this location[/font]

Unfortunately no date means it'll probably be more than 6 months.

Its current a remote exchange, presumably the radio link is via Athlone. You'd be better off on a 4G connection until OpenEir perform the upgrade. 
    sound, thanks a lot, good to know.  Investment by Eircom has been really poor in this area so would be good to see som improvements even if it is over 6 months.   i have the VFE 4g running here since lunch time and getting drops, that is that same problem i had with the meteor and 3.  Will see how it goes but a slow connecion is better than no connections is unfortunately what is the deciding factor for me.  Thanks all for all your info & advice...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Paying 103 per month for the pleasere of 1MB Eir Broadband.  Called EIR this evening and the advise that they can do nothing about either.  I do not have a contract with them.  So here's the thing. To disconnect they say i must put it in writing and there is a 30 days notice perod, so they get another mont payment is reason for that. I do not have a signed contract with them so  I dont know how they came up with that and i said that and the guy says it is on the web under Terms & Conditions.I advise him that i have not ticked tha box either.  Anyone know if they can do that? 
    Hi boodles, 

I can see you've been speaking with support who have increased your speed, if you have any further issues with this they'll be able to assist you with this. 

There is a 30 days noticed period for all customers that request a cancellation, this is a standard procedure and in our term's and conditions.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement