Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare/ Limerick groomer recommendations

• 18-03-2016 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know of a good groomer in the Clare / Limerick area for big dogs?

I'm minding my uncles dog and after the last 3 and a half hours of combing her and trying to de matt her she's still in an absolute state. I wanted to avoid shaving her because she has a retriever coat but it's absolute cruelty to leave her the way she is and the combing was really starting to hurt her.
    She's the sweetest dog in the world and hasn't a bad bone in her body but towards the end of this evening she was starting to snap at me so it's just gonna have to be a shave.

So if anyone could recommend someone who they know has experience of big dogs I would very much appreciate it!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I've used karen in ballyclough before now. The website is ballycloughdogs.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

If you can get it, try mane and tail de tangling spray, highly recommend it, got out a huge mat in my boys tail as well as matting behind our girls ears. Spray on and gently massage in, I used a pin brush to brush out. It took three goes at the tail mat, but it did brush out. In the past I have shaved or cut out mats even half this size, really wish I had found the stuff years ago when I kept Oliver in his full coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Noelle at Fluffy Puppies in Meelick. She's fully qualified and a member of the IPDGA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I decide that I'm going to borrow a clippers and have a go at her myself because I'm afraid of how she'd behave for a groomer (as lovely as she always is, she did take a few snaps at me while grooming which she has never done before - rather me be bitten than someone else!) but if that doesn't work I'll give a ring around to those recommended places!
    But good news is she is VERY much enjoying her new diet that she started the day my uncle left, by the time he's home she'll only be half the dog he left behind between hair loss and weight loss :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

6 hours (with breaks) with a matt breaker, steel comb, scissors and detangling spray and I have behind her ears, chest, belly, back and front of legs done as well as a small trim of her feathering on the backs of her legs. She's a lot less giddy today which made things a hell of a lot easier! So now just Gotta tackle her tail, sanitary areas and the mahoosive matts at the backs of all her legs! Slowly but surely we shall get there. Also have a coal bucket filled with all the hair I got off :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement