Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to change visa password after unlock

Options
  • 18-03-2016 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I got my account locked and phoned up asap and thankfully got it unlocked in the end, no problem. However once I went back to purchase something to change the password a small verified by visa bank of Ireland page appears, which was normal where I would type my password happily and get my purchase. I can't type my password up and I have no choices, just information on activating my visa which I shouldn't need as it has already been activated before the lock? 

Here is just a quote from the majority of the information:
    "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] register for this free service please complete the boxes below and click on 'Activate Now'. You will then proceed to create your unique [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Verified by Visa [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Password which will help safeguard this and future online purchases." [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is no boxes below and I shouldn't need to activate, all I need is to change my password but I can't. Maybe I should call up again but I'd like to avoid this as I thought I already resolved it.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Lundee, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here and welcome to Boards.ie. 

When your Verified by Visa password is locked and you do not remember the original one, our representatives will unlock and reset your Verified by Visa. This means that you'll be asked to re register the next time you purchase online by creating a new password. 

I am sorry that this was not explained to you when you called however, I hope that this helps resolve your query. 

If you need anything else please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lundee

I may have to phone up again as that's why I phoned up in the first place, to get a reset. I was told the account has been reset and the next purchase I make  will allow me to change my password but like I said before, there are no options to change the password or type a password in that case.

So yeah my account has been unlocked and reset from the phone call but I can't change the password every time I try make a purchase. It is a bit frustrating and I've be re-trying to see if it would suddenly go back to normal and allow me to type in my password/change my password but nope unfortunately.

I would like to share a screenshot of it but since I'm new here I can't... 

Should I just phone again to sort it out or is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Thanks for coming back to us Lundee, 

Can I just check with you, after your phone call did you refresh your page before attempting to make the purchase again? Also when you went back to the website to make your purchase, were you given the option to sign up for Verified by Visa by entering in your security details again? 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

Well after the call I gave it about an hour to try purchase again so I didn't instantly get off the phone and refresh the page, I just gave it time. There are no options at all, this is the only message that comes up every time with the bank of Ireland and verified by visa logos above it:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Verified by Visa - the safest way to shop online[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To help make shopping online as secure as possible your Post Office Debit Card uses Verified by Visa. For further information please refer to the Terms of Use and Frequently Asked Questions. To register for this free service please complete the boxes below and click on 'Activate Now'. You will then proceed to create your unique Verified by Visa Password which will help safeguard this and future online purchases. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's the closest I can give other than a screenshot.[/font]

Thanks again Lundee, 

As you're being directed to create your unique Verified by Visa password, this would indicate that your details have been reset. However, it may be best to call our team again while you have access to the retailers website and the representative can investigate this for you. 

Apologies that we could not help further with your query here. 

Elaine 

• Advertisement

Really appreciate your time!

Thanks Elaine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NathanK98

Did you ever get this problem resolved? ........ I have the same problem at the moment and have rung up 3 times now, the first time i went through the process and was told my account was reactivated, however i wasn't able to reset my password having the same problem as stated here originally:

"Verified by Visa - the safest way to shop online

To help make shopping online as secure as possible your Post Office Debit Card uses Verified by Visa. For further information please refer to the Terms of Use and Frequently Asked Questions. To register for this free service please complete the boxes below and click on 'Activate Now'. You will then proceed to create your unique Verified by Visa Password which will help safeguard this and future online purchases"

I have then rung up 2 times since, trying to explain the problem. Each time being told that my account has been reactivated and all i would have to do is change my password once i got to the buying process again. However I am still having this problem and a solution has not been found.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Nathan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

NathanK98 wrote: »
    Did you ever get this problem resolved? ........ I have the same problem at the moment and have rung up 3 times now, the first time i went through the process and was told my account was reactivated, however i wasn't able to reset my password having the same problem as stated here originally:

"Verified by Visa - the safest way to shop online

To help make shopping online as secure as possible your Post Office Debit Card uses Verified by Visa. For further information please refer to the Terms of Use and Frequently Asked Questions. To register for this free service please complete the boxes below and click on 'Activate Now'. You will then proceed to create your unique Verified by Visa Password which will help safeguard this and future online purchases"

I have then rung up 2 times since, trying to explain the problem. Each time being told that my account has been reactivated and all i would have to do is change my password once i got to the buying process again. However I am still having this problem and a solution has not been found.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Nathan
    Hi Nathan, 

Thanks for your post. 

As your password has been reset, it would mean that you need to re-register for Verified by Visa. When you use a website that uses Verified by Visa is there an option to create your password? If you're continuing to have difficulties, we would recommend that you call our Verified by Visa team while you have access to the website and they should be able to assist you.

Sorry that we are unable to help you further with your query here on Boards.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nathank_98

(Sorry changed accounts wasn't able to login via google plus where i am)

My password has not been reset. My account was locked, i rang up( now three times) each time being told my account was reset.

I was told( by each person i have spoke to during my 3 calls to your verified by visa call centre my account was reset) that i was to go through the buying process again and at the end i would be presented with three or four questions to answer and then i would be able to reset my password.

It is the exact same problem Lundee above was having.( taking an extract from one of his posts above) "I may have to phone up again as that's why I phoned up in the first place, to get a reset. I was told the account has been reset and the next purchase I make will allow me to change my password but like I said before, there are no options to change the password or type a password in that case.

So yeah my account has been unlocked and reset from the phone call but I can't change the password every time I try make a purchase. It is a bit frustrating and I've be re-trying to see if it would suddenly go back to normal and allow me to type in my password/change my password but nope unfortunately." (And another extract from mr lundee)

"Well after the call I gave it about an hour to try purchase again so I didn't instantly get off the phone and refresh the page, I just gave it time. There are no options at all, this is the only message that comes up every time with the bank of Ireland and verified by visa logos above it:

Verified by Visa - the safest way to shop online

To help make shopping online as secure as possible your Post Office Debit Card uses Verified by Visa. For further information please refer to the Terms of Use and Frequently Asked Questions. To register for this free service please complete the boxes below and click on 'Activate Now'. You will then proceed to create your unique Verified by Visa Password which will help safeguard this and future online purchases.

It's the closest I can give other than a screenshot."

This is the exact same problem i am having. I go through the purchasing process and am confronted with the blank page that Lundee stated above with the two logos at the top and the extract of text he also stated.

This is becoming quite frustrating, if you could suggest a solution or if Lundee was able to fix it, how he was able to ?

Any solution would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards Nathan

nathank_98 wrote: »
    (Sorry changed accounts wasn't able to login via google plus where i am)

My password has not been reset. My account was locked, i rang up( now three times) each time being told my account was reset.

I was told( by each person i have spoke to during my 3 calls to your verified by visa call centre my account was reset) that i was to go through the buying process again and at the end i would be presented with three or four questions to answer and then i would be able to reset my password.

It is the exact same problem Lundee above was having.( taking an extract from one of his posts above) "I may have to phone up again as that's why I phoned up in the first place, to get a reset. I was told the account has been reset and the next purchase I make  will allow me to change my password but like I said before, there are no options to change the password or type a password in that case.

So yeah my account has been unlocked and reset from the phone call but I can't change the password every time I try make a purchase. It is a bit frustrating and I've be re-trying to see if it would suddenly go back to normal and allow me to type in my password/change my password but nope unfortunately."  (And another extract from mr lundee)

"Well after the call I gave it about an hour to try purchase again so I didn't instantly get off the phone and refresh the page, I just gave it time. There are no options at all, this is the only message that comes up every time with the bank of Ireland and verified by visa logos above it:

Verified by Visa - the safest way to shop online

To help make shopping online as secure as possible your Post Office Debit Card uses Verified by Visa. For further information please refer to the Terms of Use and Frequently Asked Questions. To register for this free service please complete the boxes below and click on 'Activate Now'. You will then proceed to create your unique Verified by Visa Password which will help safeguard this and future online purchases.

It's the closest I can give other than a screenshot."

This is the exact same problem i am having. I go through the purchasing process and am confronted with the blank page that Lundee stated above with the two logos at the top and the extract of text he also stated.

This is becoming quite frustrating, if you could suggest a solution or if Lundee was able to fix it, how he was able to ?

Any solution would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards Nathan
    Hi Nathan,

We understand your frustrations and we're sorry that we can't help you further here on Boards without access to your account. We would advise you to contact our Verified by Visa team who can investigate this further for you if you continue to have trouble with resetting your password.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 nathank_98

Thanks for your reply. Guess the only way im gonna fix this is to ring them I'll try again tonight.

It seems im not the only one who is having this problem, there is a few posts on here from others expieriencing the same problem. Possibly this is an issue with the software or something, either way it would be nice if you were able to give some advice and know what it is, since it seems to be a problem with your bank of ireland service and you represent them.

Either way thanks, i guess.

Nathan

Right so im still  having problems resetting my password for verified by visa(i have been unable to use my verified by visa account for a week now).

I phoned up your verified by visa team as you suggested(now for the fourth time), and cut straight to the point telling him how i was supposed to reset my password( I remembered from the previous 3 phone calls). I explained my problem, having trouble resetting my password (on the verified by visa page that pops up when i try to make a purchase. It pops up without the 4 questions needed to reset my password). 

Now although he was very helpful, he said he wasnt able to fix this issue .He did however give me some advice that "worked for him" apparently ( clearing my browser & computers cache, then restarting it. this did not work.) I have since made sure everything is updated etc, that my antivirus software isnt conflicting etc etc.

I realize that you haven't been able to help me fix this problem, up to this point. However I would be grateful if you could maybe try to find out a solution or something cause at this point i am very frustrated.

Nathan 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Right so im still  having problems resetting my password for verified by visa(i have been unable to use my verified by visa account for a week now).

I phoned up your verified by visa team as you suggested(now for the fourth time), and cut straight to the point telling him how i was supposed to reset my password( I remembered from the previous 3 phone calls). I explained my problem, having trouble resetting my password (on the verified by visa page that pops up when i try to make a purchase. It pops up without the 4 questions needed to reset my password). 

Now although he was very helpful, he said he wasnt able to fix this issue .He did however give me some advice that "worked for him" apparently ( clearing my browser & computers cache, then restarting it. this did not work.) I have since made sure everything is updated etc, that my antivirus software isnt conflicting etc etc.

I realize that you haven't been able to help me fix this problem, up to this point. However I would be grateful if you could maybe try to find out a solution or something cause at this point i am very frustrated.

Nathan 
    Hi NathanK98,

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie.

Can we ask have you tried to make a purchase on several websites or have you only tried one? If you’ve only 
    tried one then can we ask you to use your card on a different site to see if this allows you to reset your 
    Verified by Visa password?

Thanks,

Tara C

Yes i have tried two different websites, will try a third when i get home. Thanks for the reply.

Is there anything else that could cause this problem ?/ any other solutions to this problem ?

Nathan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Yes i have tried two different websites, will try a third when i get home. Thanks for the reply.

Is there anything else that could cause this problem ?/ any other solutions to this problem ?

Nathan
    Hi NathanK98,

We're not aware of any issues with Verified by Visa. Can we suggest that you call us on 0818251251 while you are 
    trying a third website and we can offer support over the phone?

Hope this helps,

Tara C

Hi unfortunately i am busy tonight and tomorrow so i'll have to call on wednesday. Since i live in northern ireland is that 0818251251 the correct number to call? 

Thanks.

Nathan 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"verified by visa the safest way to shop online To help make shopping online as secure as possible your Post Office Debit Card uses Verified by Visa. For further information please refer to the Terms of Use andFrequently Asked Questions. To register for this free service please complete the boxes below and click on 'Activate Now'. You will then proceed to create your unique Verified by Visa Password which will help safeguard this and future online purchases. "[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is the text from the screen i am brought to during the purchasing process, now i know that at this point i am supposed to be able to answer 4 security questions as i have my account reactivated and should be able to reset my verified by visa password, but i am unable to do so. as they do not pop up on screen.there is just this lump of text with a bank of Ireland logo at the top and a verified by  visa logo as well. however there is no question boxes or activate now button.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and as for phoning up, every time i phone up all they want to do is reactivate my account (i am assuming all these people do is reactivate accounts ). I assume that there is a technical department or something. if there is could you possibly give me a number to ring, that i can call from the uk. as i would like to sort this problem out quickly.( as its taken a week already and i need to be able to use my card online)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]regards [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nathan[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"verified by visa the safest way to shop online To help make shopping online as secure as possible your Post Office Debit Card uses Verified by Visa. For further information please refer to the Terms of Use andFrequently Asked Questions. To register for this free service please complete the boxes below and click on 'Activate Now'. You will then proceed to create your unique Verified by Visa Password which will help safeguard this and future online purchases. "[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is the text from the screen i am brought to during the purchasing process, now i know that at this point i am supposed to be able to answer 4 security questions as i have my account reactivated and should be able to reset my verified by visa password, but i am unable to do so. as they do not pop up on screen.there is just this lump of text with a bank of Ireland logo at the top and a verified by  visa logo as well. however there is no question boxes or activate now button.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and as for phoning up, every time i phone up all they want to do is reactivate my account (i am assuming all these people do is reactivate accounts ). I assume that there is a technical department or something. if there is could you possibly give me a number to ring, that i can call from the uk. as i would like to sort this problem out quickly.( as its taken a week already and i need to be able to use my card online)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]regards [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nathan[/font]
    Hi Nathan

Thanks for coming back to us.

We're sorry to hear of your ongoing difficulties using your debit card online. 

We would suggest calling 00353 140 44000 from the UK, please select option 2 and then 2 again. A representative can look into this further for you.

Many Thanks
    Alison

right so basically i was told it was not bank of Ireland's problem as everything was functioning fine on their end and that my card had been reset. he had no idea how to solve the issue, even though it is your service so you should be able to suggest at least some solutions.

I am less than impressed as i now still have this issue and am going to have to solve it on my own.

thanks for the number you supplied but as usual bank of Ireland is less than helpful for my situation

Nathan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

right so basically i was told it was not bank of Ireland's problem as everything was functioning fine on their end and that my card had been reset. he had no idea how to solve the issue, even though it is your service so you should be able to suggest at least some solutions.

I am less than impressed as i now still have this issue and am going to have to solve it on my own.

thanks for the number you supplied but as usual bank of Ireland is less than helpful for my situation

Nathan
    Good morning Nathan,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'm sorry your having such a difficult time with your Verified by Visa, I completely understand your frustration we do offer support with our cards but from reading your thread it sounds like it could be a problem with your PC.

Are you using a PC in work? Maybe try a different PC or Tablet.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks
    Janette

• Advertisement

Good afternoon. Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it.

I understand what you have said above and i completely understand that you have to treat your customers having problems, like they've never seen technology before to try and resolve the problem. Going through it with them step by step and then when you cant find a problem on your end, you suggest that its a problem with the device they are using or their connection etc etc.

However i am not a halfwit when it comes to technology, the first thing i did when i got the problem was to ensure all my software was up to date(drivers, security software, operating system, browser settings, flashplayer, java etc) then i tried multiple devices: laptop, desktop, mac, ipad.

Yet i am still having this problem( i have been locked out for a week now) on all of my devices. The problem isnt that the verified by visa page doesnt pop up after the purchasing process. But that when it does pop up, the block of text i have mentioned previously pops up without the questions and activate now buttons that are supposed to appear.

I am sorry i have had to be quite blunt, but this doesnt seem to be a problem with the devices i am using unless the pc, laptop, ipad, iphone and mac are all broken which is highly unlikely.

Now as for the next thing you may mention which is a connection issue, I have two different routers and am having the same problem on both connections. So that is not the issue.

Any other rational suggestions you can think of would be gratefully appreciated.

Apologies again for having to be blunt.

Regards
    Nathan

Good afternoon. Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it.

I understand what you have said above and i completely understand that you have to treat your customers having problems, like they've never seen technology before to try and resolve the problem. Going through it with them step by step and then when you cant find a problem on your end, you suggest that its a problem with the device they are using or their connection etc etc.

However i am not a halfwit when it comes to technology, the first thing i did when i got the problem was to ensure all my software was up to date(drivers, security software, operating system, browser settings, flashplayer, java etc) then i tried multiple devices: laptop, desktop, mac, ipad.

Yet i am still having this problem( i have been locked out for a week now) on all of my devices. The problem isnt that the verified by visa page doesnt pop up after the purchasing process. But that when it does pop up, the block of text i have mentioned previously pops up without the questions and activate now buttons that are supposed to appear.

I am sorry i have had to be quite blunt, but this doesnt seem to be a problem with the devices i am using unless the pc, laptop, ipad, iphone and mac are all broken which is highly unlikely.

Now as for the next thing you may mention which is a connection issue, I have two different routers and am having the same problem on both connections. So that is not the issue.

Any other rational suggestions you can think of would be gratefully appreciated.

Apologies again for having to be blunt.

Regards
    Nathan
    Hi Nathan, 

Apologies for the late reply to your post. We understand your frustrations with this, and sorry to hear that this has not been resolved for you as of yet. If you can please send us a private message here on Boards with your name and contact number, we will have a representative investigate this further for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clavelle123

Hi Nathan,

Did you ever get this sorted? I have tried 7 sites and not one of them is working. getting the same message as you.
    The problem is not with my computer or browser or anything like that. the problem is with the link that Bank of Ireland have with Verified with Visa and it needs to be fixed. 

I have tried asking could a temporary password be set up and I have had the same experience as you over the phone.

Pain in the butt

Advertisement