Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heatons,returning faulty goods

Options
  • 19-03-2016 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi folks have a bit of an issue here, returned a rechargeable tourch that I only had for about 3 months that stoped working. I had no receipt and must have paid cash for it, but I know I paid 19.99 for it. OK they had none in stock so she said she would refund me so she handed me 12 euro when I told her that I know what I paid for it she called another worker and the 2 of them looked at me like I was somekind of conman that was trying to get 20 quid out of them I took the 12 and just left.a little bit peeved, surely there is some facility that she could have checked to see what price was it . I know I was right ,should I let it go and be happy I got 12 euro out of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

popa smurf wrote: »
    Hi folks have a bit of an issue here, returned a rechargeable tourch that I only had for about 3 months that stoped working. I had no receipt and must have paid cash for it, but I know I paid 19.99 for it. OK they had none in stock so she said she would refund me so she handed me 12 euro when I told her that I know what I paid for it she called another worker and the 2 of them looked at me like I was somekind of conman that was trying to get 20 quid out of them I took the 12 and just left.a little bit peeved, surely there is some facility that she could have checked to see what price was it . I know I was right ,should I let it go and be happy I got 12 euro out of them.

How are they to know when you bought it? You paid cash, and have no proof of purchase. The item is €12 now, so €12 is what you got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

You had no proof of purchase so they didn't have to do anything really. I'd take the €12 and be happy tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Thanks guys for reply ya I suppose they get a lot of chancers in every day trying there case hard to distinguish between the genuine and the chancer, but I know I was right in what I paid for it and they were wrong, but no receipt to proof it only a small thing anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

You had no proof of purchase so they could have told you to go away.

Without proof of purchase you really have no option but to accept their offer which considering it seems you had no hassle getting, was very good service by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

fair play heatons, excellent service

• Advertisement
Advertisement