Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wetek Openelec - €69 - limited time offer

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭robfowler78

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Never had to contact WeTek about an order but their representatives on the WeTek forums are very good. Might not do any harm posting on there too.

Got a mail back saying it was all received correctly and order will ship tomorrow. Can't be fairer then that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Shanegggg wrote: »
    You should get a PayPal receipt and when you contact wetwek they'll tell you the order has gone through.
    Checking now..
    markad1 wrote: »
    Don't try reorder like I did. I've gotten 3 different PayPal receipts lol
    Exactly what I did, I also gave up after the 3rd attempt...
    Got a mail back saying it was all received correctly and order will ship tomorrow. Can't be fairer then that

They also contacted me, saying they had cancelled 2 orders and refunded, leaving 1 order in place..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Thanks for the heads up. Trigger just pulled and discount code still working :pac:

magher wrote: »
    So they don't have a device with both DVB-T and DVB-S tuners? Doesn't seem ideal for Irish users, you'd have to choose between getting RTE or BBC!

That depends on where you live an dhow much work you want to do . I get Saorview + BBC , and channels 4's, ITV etc. on the DVB-T tuner. Worst case you use filmon for the UK channels or something more dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

The m8s has the better hardware(RAM, flash memory, dual channel wifi) to be fair http://www.androidtvboxes.ie/product/m8s-android-tv-box-fully-loaded-quad-core-2gb-ram/ but at EUR120 is almost twice the cost AND has no satesatellite /terrestrial tuner.
    So, at EUR70 this is a better deal.

Anyone that pays €120 for an M8S needs their head examined. These can be picked up with a mini keyboard for about €60. That shower over at androidtvboxes are a rip-off. Always have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

dodzy wrote: »
    Anyone that pays €120 for an M8S needs their head examined. These can be picked up with a mini keyboard for about €60. That shower over at androidtvboxes are a rip-off. Always have been.

Have you a link as to where the MS8 can be picked up for €60?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Expired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

bromley52 wrote: »
    Have you a link as to where the MS8 can be picked up for €60?

Here ya go. Free shipping to your door. €60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Can't fault the wetek shipping. Ordered Saturday, supposed to be out for delivery today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

machalla wrote: »
    Can't fault the wetek shipping. Ordered Saturday, supposed to be out for delivery today.

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Have requested thread to be set to expired. Code FD2016 no longer working.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Just arrived.
    Know what I'll be doing later :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Anyone else ordered with an microSD card? I ordered the 8GB microSD card but I didn't get it, maybe come separate post but I wouldn't say so, I will need to contact them.

nava wrote: »
    Anyone else ordered with an microSD card? I ordered the 8GB microSD card but I didn't get it, maybe come separate post but I wouldn't say so, I will need to contact them.

Check TNT packaging it came in. There was a 3 pin plug in mine. Perhaps the SD card pack is smaller than usual.

Check TNT packaging it came in. There was a 3 pin plug in mine. Perhaps the SD card pack is smaller than usual.

Thanks I did just in case, but nothing, I assume the card will with some packaging not just loose.

Also I just notice there was no batteries for remove or any kind of manual, was there suppose to be?

EDIT: I just check on http://openelec.tv/openelec-box looks like I got all that was suppose to be in box, no manual or batteries listed.
    Contents wrote:

A. WeTek OpenELEC box
    B. Power Supply
    C. Remote Control Unit
    D. Debug cable
    E. HDMI cable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

markad1 wrote: »
    Just arrived.
    Know what I'll be doing later :-)

Yeah, seems like the bank holiday weekend is coming at the right time :-)
    Just as well as this Wetek thread seems quite long
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057531921&page=60

Need to investigate if this will have any effect
    http://www.slashgear.com/spmc-xbmc-re-released-by-disgruntled-kodi-android-dev-17432178/

Still if I got kodi working on my raspberry pi, and MythTv working on LinuxMint with my Digital TV (DVB-T) Stick, this should be doable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭zoom_cool

Has any body booted up there box all I get is can't access tty also I ordered a Sat tuner but the ports say ANT1 and ANT 2 no reference to LNB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can you do anything with it straight out of the box once connected to wifi, can I install kodi with the remote? Just don't fancy fiddling with it straight away.

Can you do anything with it straight out of the box once connected to wifi, can I install kodi with the remote? Just don't fancy fiddling with it straight away.

Did u get the SAT version DVB-S tuner if so has it LNB or ANT label under ports

I did, there's just the 2 sat antenna ports. Says Ant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Arrive today thanks OP

Impressed with TNT

22 Mar 2016 14:48:00 Cork Shipment Delivered In Good Condition.
    22 Mar 2016 10:39:40 Cork Out For Delivery.
    22 Mar 2016 10:14:10 Cork Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    22 Mar 2016 05:42:28 Dublin Shipment In Transit.
    22 Mar 2016 05:41:48 Dublin Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    22 Mar 2016 04:16:02 Dublin Shipment In Transit.
    22 Mar 2016 00:08:56 Liege Euro Hub Shipment In Transit.
    21 Mar 2016 23:52:21 Liege Euro Hub Shipment Received At Transit Point.
    21 Mar 2016 19:26:48 Ljubljana Shipment In Transit.
    21 Mar 2016 19:08:58 Ljubljana Shipment Received At Tnt Location
    21 Mar 2016 18:33:00 Ljubljana Depot Shipment In Transit.
    21 Mar 2016 14:55:01 Ljubljana Depot Shipment In Transit.
    21 Mar 2016 14:44:50 Ljubljana Depot Shipment Received At Origin Depot.
    21 Mar 2016 14:34:26 Ljubljana Depot Shipment Received At Tnt Location

I did, there's just the 2 sat antenna ports. Says Ant.

Cool so it must be right I was expecting to see LNB on it somewhere mine only boots to Linux prompt so probably have to install openelec did u get a chance to boot it yet I be interested to see if yours is the same

Probably won't got at it tonight, playing catch up on game of thrones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

zoom_cool wrote: »
    Cool so it must be right I was expecting to see LNB on it somewhere mine only boots to Linux prompt so probably have to install openelec did u get a chance to boot it yet I be interested to see if yours is the same

Just powered mine up and it boots to Openelec/Kodi setup screen (not text)
    Only have hdmi and power connected

Edit: Wifi doesn't seem to work for me for some reason, need to read thread about it I guess Got it started after restart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

nava wrote: »
    Thanks I did just in case, but nothing, I assume the card will with some packaging not just loose.

Also I just notice there was no batteries for remove or any kind of manual, was there suppose to be?

EDIT: I just check on http://openelec.tv/openelec-box looks like I got all that was suppose to be in box, no manual or batteries listed.

Just to say, the sd card came taped to the internal packaging for me. Otherwise it was the same, no batteries or manual. A 2 pin plug with an adapter provided for 3 pins.

Just powered mine up and it boots to Openelec/Kodi setup screen (not text) Only have hdmi and power connected

Mine doesn't get to setup screen interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

There is flash memory installed with Openelec, then you can put in a SD card and install something else. All this info is in the other massive threads

Did u get the SAT version DVB-S tuner if so has it LNB or ANT label under ports

I got the SAT version and does say ANT

I was able to configure on the web front end with the laptop following the video here now I need to find out now how to configure it so I can see it in the box. When that is configure I will play at configure with diseq.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

Ordered Sunday night and arrived this morning, great service in fairness.

Now just need to set it up! Any shortcuts appreciated!

What should you end up with when set up correctly. Is there more than I'm expecting.
    Sat TV Tuner
    Android Store with apps like Netflix etc
    Kodi App
    Media Streamer if I wanted

Any more to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You have to flash wetek play image to get those.

This is openelec, simply put its kodi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

What should you end up with when set up correctly. Is there more than I'm expecting.
    Sat TV Tuner
    Android Store with apps like Netflix etc
    Kodi App
    Media Streamer if I wanted

Any more to it?

Well I'm hoping that I can connect a USB DVT-T stick and get terrestial TV, also that i will be able to use PLEX or similar and play movies from my NAS over the network (or alternatively connect via USB cable)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Sidd wrote: »
    Ordered Sunday night and arrived this morning, great service in fairness.

Now just need to set it up! Any shortcuts appreciated!

I'm currently putting together a guide on setting up pbnigma on a msd card on the following forum, if that is the route you are taking any feedback on the guide would be appreciated as it is currently a work in progress.

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=499

Well I'm hoping that I can connect a USB DVT-T stick and get terrestial TV, also that i will be able to use PLEX or similar and play movies from my NAS over the network (or alternatively connect via USB cable)

Can you put a dvt usb stick in it, I got that sat version but now I'm going to need an ordinary aerial connection so I think getting a dvt stick will do the job, what stick are you getting?

OK guys some updates to the guide from yesterday and today

24/Mar - Added backup and recovery details, alternative mSD card imagers and mount HDD and set timers options
    23/Mar - Added details on accessing wetek TV channels on other devices

I flashed it last night with Wetek Play (Android) all working OK now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

For those confused by the plug situation........

You don't need to use two pin (EU) plug adapter that comes inside the box. Fit the plug that is on the end of the power cable directly into the 3 pin (Irl/UK) plug that was packaged separately.

I flashed it last night with Wetek Play (Android) all working OK now.

Have you a link as to the steps you followed? I have found instructions but I would like to follow what you did if possible. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

There's a dedicated thread here in BA with all the instructions. Or Google will give you a guide over on the wetek forum, it's not difficult. Would link but km my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Have you a link as to the steps you followed? I have found instructions but I would like to follow what you did if possible. Cheers

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/27205/wetek-os-1-1-7-for-wetek-play-14-03-2016

Here you go http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/12545/android-15-07-2015-wetek-os-v1-1-5-for-wetek-play

The instructions Trevord has posted is newer than mine so use them

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭sibersha

tommycahir wrote: »
    I'm currently putting together a guide on setting up pbnigma on a msd card on the following forum, if that is the route you are taking any feedback on the guide would be appreciated as it is currently a work in progress.

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=499

Great guide Tommycahir

Couple of questions if you don't mind; going to pick up DVB S-2 version, could you recommend a USB DVB-T tuner to use as combo box?

Do you have a recommended FTP client to use?

sibersha wrote: »
    Great guide Tommycahir

Couple of questions if you don't mind; going to pick up DVB S-2 version, could you recommend a USB DVB-T tuner to use as combo box?

Do you have a recommended FTP client to use?

Don't use a dvb-t tuner so am unfortunately not a lot of help there, maybe try asking the guys over in the tips and tricks thread on the android forum..

For an ftp client a lot of people seem to use FileZilla and seems pretty popular, I personally use fireftp which is a Firefox extension. It's all personal choice and what you are comfortable with..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Theres a list of supported tuners on openelec.
    http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Supported_TV_Tuners

All the cheap ones I've had were afatech ones are generally af9015 which is supported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Now this deal is over it doesn't make sense to keep this thread open but for anyone with one that wants to ask questions etc there's a big thread on them over here.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057531921/89/#post99188091

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement