Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtech cs350 - no panel data

Options
  • 19-03-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have the above alarm for some time now, recently all the LEDs on the keypad panel came on. I suspected the battery and replaced it. The old battery was measuring 7v.
    However after putting in the new battery, I get this measage on the front panel "nd-NO PANEL DATA"
    And I can't enter in any codes etc....

Any ideas ?
    I've checked the wiring to the front panel and it's fine.

Is there a special way of changing the battery ? Have I lost all my settings ?

All help appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

While you were changing out the battery did you disturb any of the wiring in the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bgengine1

Not that I can see.....just now I pulled the power from the unit, and then disconnected the battery, and reconnected them all up again.

Now on the panel I have "comptage code". Any ideas what that means ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

bgengine1 wrote: »
    Not that I can see.....just now I pulled the power from the unit, and then disconnected the battery, and reconnected them all up again.

Now on the panel I have "comptage code". Any ideas what that means ?

Press 0 and enter your user code.
    If that does nothing press 01122

Thanks,
    I tried both, each time I typed the display did not show me entering I the keys ie: **** ........ But after I typed them in the display changed and temporally displayed ,tamper bell test' .. Then I could hear a click sound in the display panel and then the panel back light went off and now I have "no front panel data" on the display.

Any ideas ?

Sorry, it actually coming up with 'Chime/bell test' for a few secs after I type the code.
    Then I hear a click, the display back ligh goes off and I get 'no front panel data'
    Seems like something is pulling / shutting the main board down ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You are somewhere in the menu.
    Press X a few times untill the screen displays finished then press the correct key and start again.

Thanks cool kid,
    Right now I have "no front panel data" on the display and pressing x several times does nothing ..
    I power cycle the unit and try again ....
    As soon as I enter the user code ... I see 'chime bell test' for a second then , I hear a click from the front panel and then the back light goes off and ' no front panel data' is displayed .... Pressing 'x' before or after this a few times does nothing.

It seems that when it is doing the chime bell test it messes up up the controller and it then looses communication to the display panel.

Also, why is it displaying ' comptage code', it's like it has lost its settings, ( language setting included) ....

Also when powering. Up I can see 'air tech 1994' v1.2' displayed .... Has it lost its time settings as well ?

All thoughts welcome.

Not sure. I thought it had defaulted and you selected another language by mistake.
    Have you checked all the connections. In particular C and D at both ends.
    After that maybe try wire the keypad straight into the panel on a short length of cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Are you sure it's a CS350? I don't recognise that terminology.

Any chance you could post a picture of the keypad?

• Advertisement

Yes it says cs350 on the main controller.

Attached is an image of the keypad.

I'd I'd check the keypad connections , esp. C + D, they seem good

I'm troubled that when it does the chime bell test it looses connection to the keypad controller, kind of like the controller is being reset...

Any thoughts on this ?

That is french and means counting code. I'm not sure how it ended up like that. Did you try reset the system? Have you being trying different codes on it?

Did not reset, but battery was replaced, power removed first and then new battery connected, when repowered I got this message.

How do I get out of this message / state ?

I was thinking code tamper, but that would have a counter bedside it. It looks like a combination of the software corrupt and possibly a fault on the panel itself.
    You say it goes into a bell test etc and that appears in English?
    The only thing to try would be a factory default.
    Also try on mains only with the battery disconnected.

Has to be more to the story. It doesn't make sense that it's doing what its doing.

Thanks koolkid,

Yes the chime bell test appears in English, to be honest the display is displaying erratically, sometimes I see foreign characters, so I think you could be right that the software is corrupt.

Can you tell me a bit more about the code tamper, so that I can rule that out before I do a factory reset.

I'd like to leave the factory reset till last so I'll take any other suggestions before that.

If I have to factory reset is it easy to setup the zones again ? , I didn't do it the first time ?
    Thanks

Is it possible a faulty sensor ( while doing the chime test) would cause the main board to reset While testing ?

If I disconnect the sensors and repowered should it boot up correctly ?

bgengine1 wrote: »
    Is it possible a faulty sensor ( while doing the chime test) would cause the main board to reset While testing ?

If I disconnect the sensors and repowered should it boot up correctly ?

There's no simple solution. The only thing I can think of is that the panel was somehow reset and on power up the wrong language was selected.

Try powering it down completely and back up again. If that doesn't work then try a full reset. If that doesn't work then the panel is more than likely faulty.

BTW, can you measure the voltage coming out of the 12vdc aux?

The code tamper displays after a number of wrong codes are entered one after the other.
    It would just disable the keypad while it counts down then the keypad returns to normal operation.
    A faulty sensor or device would not cause the problems that you are seeing.
    There is a bit involved in reprogramming but easy enough to grasp the menu structure on that panel.

Thanks guys,

I'll try and get back to this again in the morning.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

I,m not sure where aux 12v is , but I have verified I have 13v DC coming from the battery and 18v AC from the transformer to the main board.

AnyWay I did the factory reset this morning , and it is now behaving much better ....I can access the menus and I do not have erratic displays any more and it is all in English......
    I'm nots sure what was going on earlier after I changed the battery... But it seems to be functionally better now. ...However I guess I have now lost All my settings ...

I know it's a bit of a general question ... But is there any help I could get setting this back up.

As far as I known I had the following:

Front windows ... All on one zone / loop
    Entry exit of both fron and back door ... Both on one loop.
    One PIR in the landing
    A patio door .. On a separate loop
    Two back windows ... I'm guessing these are on one loop zone as well.
    And lastly I have a. Panic button...

Any suggestions on how I could get the zones back and all the settings setup would be most welcome ....

Thanks

Do you have the manual.
    The basics you need to programme are date and time under Timers.
    User code and attributes under Users.
    Zone Type, zone attributes and loop type under Zones.
    Feel free to come back to us here if you need more help.

Thanks , I have the manual.

To get me started What is the easiest zone type to start with?

Front door will be exit/entry
    Normal windows doors & motion sensors will be alarm.
    Panic Buttons will be PA

Attributes
    Front Door will be IN CH
    Normal zones will be IN
    PiRs will Be IN PG (and AC if located in hallway)

Thanks Koolkid, that's enough to get me started

I might be back with more questions if that's ok ...

Feel free to, anytime.

Hi KoolKid,

I'm taking this one zone at a time and i think i have the Beam zone now working - thanks

but before i go to any more zones , I'd like to get the int and ext siren wiring straight in my head.

Attached is the way both were wired a few months back .. I didnt wire this

Could you explain how this worked ? why was the int siren tamper not wired and how does the ext get power ? ie: I can see the red wire going to the '+' #2 but nothing going to the '-' #3.

However, somewhere along the line, a few months ago, the ext siren developed and error on the tamper switch that I never got to fix so i disconnected the yellow from #17 and put a resistor across #16 and #17.

either way ,
    1. I'd like to wire the int siren correctly, is there any reason why this wasnt done and why i cant do it ? I assume this would be '+' to #2, '-' to #3, tamper 1 to #6 and tamper 2 to # 7 ? , is there polarity on the tamper cables ?

2. I'd like to wire the Ext siren correctly ... (excluding the part tamper ... because it's faulty)... but I'm not sure how to do this

Any suggestions on how to do this would be most welcome - thanks

I'd imagine the blue should be connected to 3 which is external bell -
    To exclude external tamper remove yellow from 17 & wire 4k7 resistor across 16 & 17.
    Internal seems to be wired correctly.

Ok thanks,

Could you explain how It worked the way it was wired ?
    ( I'm just wondering if I should leave it that way. ... Though I prefer to understand how it works if I leave it That way.

I assume they are wired in series or something like that but can't understand it ?

How was internal siren working when it was wired the way it was ..... And it was working .... , if I opened the int siren the alarm would still go off, even though the tamper wires were not connected ? ... How did this work ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

I would need to see all the connections from the panel the internal siren and external bell.

Advertisement