Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chops ect on the bone

Options
  • 19-03-2016 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

That should read chops ��
    Been years now since I saw pork chops, t bone steak ect on the bone for sale. Lamb seems to be the exception, still available and very nice too. Can someone shed light on why bones have been removed from beef and pork? And maybe point me towards a butcher north Kildare or Dublin where I can buy same without having to order in advance. Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

For years butchers weren't allowed to sell t-bone steak on the bone because of CJD (mad cow disease). That's been lifted now though so you should be able to get it in an decent butcher's. We get pork chops with the little round bone in them regularly, and I think the only reason you don't see many loin pork chops on the bone is because of the demand for pork ribs (although I could be wrong about this due to my lack of anatomical knowledge of pigs). Again a good butcher should be able to get them for you.

I saw a programme last year about Nolan's butchers in Kilcullen, they won the award for Best Butchers in Ireland.
    T-bones here http://nolansofkilcullen.com/products/beef/t-bone-steak
    That should read chops ��
    *To edit the thread title click on Edit, then on go Advanced - that will allow you to change it :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I fixed the title for you.

Advertisement