Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Suspense Question

Options
  • 19-03-2016 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Just wondering can anyone help me with this Suspense question, its from this years mock! I can't get it for the life of me... :confused:

Dunne purchased stock on credit from Sports Suppliers Ltd for 2,000 plus VAT at 13.5%. The only entries in the accounts were that the VAT inclusive figure was entered on the debit side of the Equipment account and the VAT exclusive figure was entered on the credit side of Sports Suppliers Ltd

thank you :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad727

Not sure If I am correct but this is what I would do: Debit the purchases account with 2270. (2000 + 13.5%) , credit the equipment account with 2270 to cancel out the incorrect entry, credit the creditors account with 270 as the VAT was excluded. Suspense is 270 debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

Not sure If I am correct but this is what I would do: Debit the purchases account with 2270. (2000 + 13.5%) , credit the equipment account with 2270 to cancel out the incorrect entry, credit the creditors account with 270 as the VAT was excluded. Suspense is 270 debit.

Just seeing this now, thank you!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad727

koolis02 wrote: »
    Just seeing this now, thank you!:)

I actually think I might be wrong! I got a similar questions in class yesterday and our teacher told us there is a separate VAT account. Sorry for my mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

I actually think I might be wrong! I got a similar questions in class yesterday and our teacher told us there is a separate VAT account. Sorry for my mistake!

Do you know what to put into the VAT account?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bobert127

Correct entries are: 2000 debit into purchases, 270 debit VAT account(asset account), and credit 2270 into creditors. And of course clear the other accounts of their errors to start :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement