Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Export quality question.

Options
  • 19-03-2016 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I download my snapchat videos to my iphone and then import them into FCPX in order to compile them into a story to share on youtube, facebook etc.
    However, when I export the file and sync it over to dropbox in order to upload to snapchat using the app "Snap upload", the quality is very pixelated and distorted.
    I've seen others do the same process as me and the quality is crystal clear on snapchat when I'm viewing their snap story.
    Would anyone here be able to explain what could be the problem here with the export for Snapchat?
    I can't figure it out.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's being compressed somewhere along the line, probably so it can be viewed in a browser.

Go into the settings of dropbox and snapchat and see if there's anything about compressing videos or making them viewable in a browser. I don't use these packages so I'm just guessing. The best way to avoid these kind of things is to avoid all the inbetween steps. Get the video into FCP and then go from there to youtube. The video is getting compressed multiple times by different software from the sound of things. Maybe removing the file extension would fool the cloud services into thinking it's not a video and not applying the compression.

Advertisement