Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procedure for moving houses

Options
  • 19-03-2016 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Folks,

I am currently renting a room and am interested in moving house. I paid a months deposit prior to renting the property. I wouldn't see any objections to the deposit not being paid back to me (room is clean etc.).

I am unsure about what to do when looking for a new place. There are plenty of nice properties on daft but they are all available immediately. How does one move houses if a minimum of 30 days notice has to be given to your current landlord? Will I just have to suck it up and loose my deposit on my current room?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

You just try and time it as best you can. I always give my tenants some leeway. When you find a place ask them what's the latest you can move in, just don't get stung with a deposit scam and make sure you at least get keys when paying over the deposit.

Advertisement