Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account woes - very close to cancelling!

Options
  • 19-03-2016 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Hi Eir

I seem to be unable to resolve this billing query with accounts or customer care :(

Around a month ago, I decided to sign up to Eir Tv and renew my contract at 55 euro per month (current BB and phone deal with free Eir Tv for 12 months), but after cold feet on my daughters side, I then cancelled the next day, the person on the phone was very helpful and cancelled the TV order, plus also offered a discount of 10euro per month for the BB/Phone package for 6 months (no mention of change to the contract which was out April 11th) which would then revert to 55 p/M

Imagine my surprise then, to get the next bill at 99 euro for 1 month, which had the BB/package at 77 p/M + calls. Ever customer care rep I have spoken to can see the bill is wrong, can make a note to change it, but then when they check it, seem to have to refer it to the billing dept which is where it vanishes into a black-hole where it can never be changed :( 

All I want is to either cancel  - as at this point, I will switch to sky for BB/phone and TV or else for my old price to revert back, it was only changed for 1 day and then cancelled well within the cooling off period (24 hours!)  and I regret calling now as its just painful dealing with customer service who are extremely sympathetic that their is a problem but unable to fix it.

Please can you help as this reminds me why I HATE having to call Eir/Eircom as this is the 3rd/4th time in the last few years, I have "accidentally" had a bundle activated/billing changed/messed up without permission and through no fault of my own.

thankyou

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

samo wrote: »
    Hi Eir

I seem to be unable to resolve this billing query with accounts or customer care :(

Around a month ago, I decided to sign up to Eir Tv and renew my contract at 55 euro per month (current BB and phone deal with free Eir Tv for 12 months), but after cold feet on my daughters side, I then cancelled the next day, the person on the phone was very helpful and cancelled the TV order, plus also offered a discount of 10euro per month for the BB/Phone package for 6 months (no mention of change to the contract which was out April 11th) which would then revert to 55 p/M

Imagine my surprise then, to get the next bill at 99 euro for 1 month, which had the BB/package at 77 p/M + calls. Ever customer care rep I have spoken to can see the bill is wrong, can make a note to change it, but then when they check it, seem to have to refer it to the billing dept which is where it vanishes into a black-hole where it can never be changed :( 

All I want is to either cancel  - as at this point, I will switch to sky for BB/phone and TV or else for my old price to revert back, it was only changed for 1 day and then cancelled well within the cooling off period (24 hours!)  and I regret calling now as its just painful dealing with customer service who are extremely sympathetic that their is a problem but unable to fix it.

Please can you help as this reminds me why I HATE having to call Eir/Eircom as this is the 3rd/4th time in the last few years, I have "accidentally" had a bundle activated/billing changed/messed up without permission and through no fault of my own.

thankyou

Hi samo, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having. 

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll check this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement