Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHEMICAL PREGNANCY??

Options
  • 19-03-2016 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is where I am supposed to post but here goes....I had 3 Positive 1-2 week clear blue home pregnancy tests last sun/mon/tues mornings.On Monday I started to bleed a bit (nothing heavy just when I wiped (sorry about info!!).I went to the doctor and urine sample was negative (which I was expecting as I've heard their tests aren't as sensitive!)

Doctor sent me into EPU and had 2 urine samples (both negative) and a vaginal ultrsound, which showed up nothing on screen and doctor said ovaries and womb look fine).

I Started normal period on Wednesday which finished today (Saturday).I have had a small cyst in one of ovaries a year ago which has since gone, have fibroids and have very very mild PCOS according to gynacologist (due to irregular and heavy periods).

Anyone out there have an answer to 3 positive pregnancy tests (1-2weeks) and a normal bleed afterwards and continued pregnancy or was I ever pregnant??

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It would be too early to see if there was a sac on the ultrasound, usually its about 6 or 7 weeks.

If you've had several negative tests, plus what appears to be a period, then chances are it was a chemical pregnancy.

What did the EPU conclude?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Feirin

Neyite wrote: »
    It would be too early to see if there was a sac on the ultrasound, usually its about 6 or 7 weeks.

If you've had several negative tests, plus what appears to be a period, then chances are it was a chemical pregnancy.

What did the EPU conclude?

Thank you for your reply. The EPU sent me to the A&E because they said they only deal with pregnancies after 8 weeks.The A&E did the vaginal ultrasound and said "they couldn't see anything and my ovaries and womb were fine" and that's it.

The negative urine results were done in the doctors and at the hospital the same day as I got the last positive home pregnancy test (clear blue 1-2 weeks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Have you had a negative test since then? If you got a positive then you were defiantly pregnant, maybe for a short time. I'm surprised they did an ultrasound that early. It's odd how it varies hospital to hospital.

Have you had a negative test since then? If you got a positive then you were defiantly pregnant, maybe for a short time. I'm surprised they did an ultrasound that early. It's odd how it varies hospital to hospital.

Thank you for replying. I Know I was surprised too that a vaginal ultrasound was done.I felt stupid for being in the A&E in the first place but my doctor sent me in.

I have had my period/bleeding (I'm presuming it's my period), since last Wednesday so felt there was no point taking one.
    Thanks again for replying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Feirin wrote: »
    Thank you for replying. I Know I was surprised too that a vaginal ultrasound was done.I felt stupid for being in the A&E in the first place but my doctor sent me in.

I have had my period/bleeding (I'm presuming it's my period), since last Wednesday so felt there was no point taking one.
    Thanks again for replying

Was the bleeding heavier or more painful than normal? Did they advise you to test again in a week? Usually do, to make sure your pregnancy hormones have dropped back down so might be no harm to take one at this stage to make sure. Hope you're feeling ok. Have had 2 early miscarriages, it's very tough.

• Advertisement

Was the bleeding heavier or more painful than normal? Did they advise you to test again in a week? Usually do, to make sure your pregnancy hormones have dropped back down so might be no harm to take one at this stage to make sure. Hope you're feeling ok. Have had 2 early miscarriages, it's very tough.

No bleeding was the same as a normal period and no pains/cramps, just bleeding. The doctor actually didnt advise me of anything, just said nothing was there, negative urine sample and asked was I ok!!!I really felt so silly for being there.To be honest I never really 'felt' pregnant (if that makes sense).we have just started TTC so will keep trying.Thank you for your reply though, hope you are also feeling ok.I'm hoping we will conceive soon but trying to relax about it.I'll take another test in a few days and see what the results are.
    Kind Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hi Feirin,

I can't add much to what the other girls have said, but I just wanted to say I hope you are doing okay darling.

I remember a nurse once telling me that one in ten women have MC so early they never even knew they were pregnant and just take it as a normal period. Not that I think that in any way eases what you are going through.

Take care pet xxx

stickybean wrote: »
    Hi Feirin,

I can't add much to what the other girls have said, but I just wanted to say I hope you are doing okay darling.

I remember a nurse once telling me that one in ten women have MC so early they never even knew they were pregnant and just take it as a normal period. Not that I think that in any way eases what you are going through.

Take care pet xxx

Hi Thank you for taking the time to reply. My own mum had a chemical pregnancy before I was born.I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative which helps me some bit so I'm in wondering am I or am I not pregnant.Hopefully we will be successful soon.

Thanks again to everyone to who took the time to reply to me.

Advertisement