Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United v Sunderland - Tyne-Wear Derby - 1:30pm - Sky Sports 1

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That_Guy wrote: »
    Mitro celebrating with that fan was the best thing about that game. :D

That fan could've ended Mitro's season if he wasn't so quick to jump over him. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Absolutely ****ing devastated with that result

Me too.

The reaction to the result on here is surprising to me. I thought Newcastle fans would be gutted to fail to win an extremely winnable home game against a major relegation rival. After six defeats on the bounce to us however I guess it is a relief to finally stop the rot.

Sunderland proved again today why they will go down. A complete inability to keep a clean sheet is the reason why. That's 3 games in a row now where Sunderland have blown points from a winning position - Palace (1-0 up, drew 2-2), Southampton (1-0 up after 85 minutes, drew 1-1), Newcastle (1-0 up after 83 minutes, drew 1-1). That's just too many points thrown away in the space of a few weeks. No one to blame but ourselves really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Paully D wrote: »
    Me too.

The reaction to the result on here is surprising to me. I thought Newcastle fans would be gutted to fail to win an extremely winnable home game against a major relegation rival. After six defeats on the bounce to us however I guess it is a relief to finally stop the rot.

Sunderland proved again today why they will go down. A complete inability to keep a clean sheet is the reason why. That's 3 games in a row now where Sunderland have blown points from a winning position - Palace (1-0 up, drew 2-2), Southampton (1-0 up after 85 minutes, drew 1-1), Newcastle (1-0 up after 83 minutes, drew 1-1). No one to blame but ourselves really.

Well analysed. To me it seems we have major problems in the fullback positions,and it's these players (Yedlin, Jones, PvA) who seem to go missing towards the end of the game. Maybe it doesn't help them by having no recognised wingers to cover them when they go forward. Borini and Khazri are more attacking midfielders than wingers. Don't get me started on N'Doye though, the lad is completely out of his depth.

On another note, I can see us going down now, Newcastle have an easier run in and might get ahead of Norwich towards the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

That_Guy wrote: »
    Mitro celebrating with that fan was the best thing about that game. :D

Terrible thing is getting a yellow for it.

It is the sort of passion you want to see in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Me too.

were gone paully no doubt whatsoever, we were pathetic, from start to finish, not a single leader on the park nobody to take the game to sunderland, our lot dont have the bottle to save ourselves and sunderland should have won that game,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Me too.

The reaction to the result on here is surprising to me. I thought Newcastle fans would be gutted to fail to win an extremely winnable home game against a major relegation rival.

Given the way the game was played out Paully, it's lucky we got anything out of the game. Whatever about the regression of Sunderland in that second half, we're a team that just does not look comfortable A) chasing a game and B) taking the initiative to take the game to opposition teams.

It's a season saving goal/result and it's a second half we can certainly work on and improve upon going forward.

Given what Rafa has to work it, he managed that game excellently.

It's not exactly the result that does either team a huge amount of favours but it's big for us mentally I think.

International break now to work on things ahead of the Norwich game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I can't wait for the Norwich vs Sunderland and Norwich vs Newcastle games now! Major say in who goes down.

Well analysed. To me it seems we have major problems in the fullback positions,and it's these players (Yedlin, Jones, PvA) who seem to go missing towards the end of the game. Maybe it doesn't help them by having no recognised wingers to cover them when they go forward. Borini and Khazri are more attacking midfielders than wingers. Don't get me started on N'Doye though, the lad is completely out of his depth.

On another note, I can see us going down now, Newcastle have an easier run in and might get ahead of Norwich towards the end of the season.

I agree 100%. I was just talking to a mate about Sunderland and highlighted the full backs as the major weak point as I have done a few times this season. I used to think it was a position you could get away with a couple of average players there but not any more, though to be fair our full back options aren't even as good as average!

I think we'll drop too and would expect Newcastle to pip Norwich to survival when all is said and done also.

It's even more annoying because if we could stay up this season, we'd be relatively comfortable under Allardyce's stewardship and wouldn't have any real relegation worries for a while IMO. 3 out of his 4 January signings have been superb additions to the side (I'm not counting Harper which I think is fair enough) and I've seen more than enough to think if he could have a full pre-season and summer transfer window that he'd do a good job for us. Regardless, I hope he stays and gives promotion a go next year.

Another thing I will add is that both sets of supporters deserve far more than they actually get from these two clubs. The atmosphere was electric as always, yet I'm watching the Manchester derby and it sounds like a training session in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Anyone see Benitez after the equaliser? An absolute disgrace.

Without any regard for the feelings of Sir Alex Ferguson, or indeed Sam Allardyce himself, Benitez cockily threw his line from one side to the other, in what can only be interpreted as a direct insult to the great Sam himself, and indeed every other British manager ever involved in the game at any level.

High time that serial failure Benitez was taken down a peg r two by a serial achiever liked Allardyce if you ask me, and no doubt it's only a matter of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Anyone see Benitez after the equaliser? An absolute disgrace.

Without any regard for the feelings of Sir Alex Ferguson, or indeed Sam Allardyce himself, Benitez cockily threw his line from one side to the other, in what can only be interpreted as a direct insult to the great Sam himself, and indeed every other British manager ever involved in the game at any level.

High time that serial failure Benitez was taken down a peg r two by a serial achiever liked Allardyce if you ask me, and no doubt it's only a matter of time

foto-graciosa-cara-rafa-benitez-perder-steaua.jpg

Advertisement