Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deise Greenway

Options
  • 19-03-2016 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me out on a few locations where I can get onto the green way to walk. I only know of the one by the dog pound. I was hoping to find a way onto it near mount congreve.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Nas10 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me out on a few locations where I can get onto the green way to walk. I only know of the one by the dog pound. I was hoping to find a way onto it near mount congreve.

Thanks in advance.

Don't have a clue, and not being funny but why don't you just walk it and see where the other points of access are?!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

Don't have a clue, and not being funny but why don't you just walk it and see where the other points of access are?!

I would but unfortunately I don't get that much free time to explore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

County Forum Thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I think the section the OP is talking about is within the City boundary.

Looking at their website (http://www.deisegreenway.com/aboutus.php) it says the gardens are directly accesible from the greenway, there may also be access from WIT campus at Carriganore (can't be sure)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Big thread on the city forum since 2014

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057210663

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Nas10 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

down the laneway of mount congreve nurseries

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deisegreenway

Here it is on Google Maps

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭NLC1072

I've started a group on Facebook called "Waterford Greenway casual cycle group" if that helps anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭NLC1072

I have been given the permission by work to spread that Halfords Waterford, on their Facebook Page titled the same, is giving away €250 Euro towards any hybrid bike in store for the Greenway. On top of this there will be 10% off ANY new bike and 20% off ANY cycle servicing. Just get the voucher off of our page and bring it in (screenshot is fine also!).

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭straighttohell

Hi, does anyone know is the full distance Deise Greenway open? I'm talking october 2016. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hi, does anyone know is the full distance Deise Greenway open? I'm talking october 2016. Thanks

Nope, but a large portion of it Is. Probably won't be completed till spring 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deisegreenway

These 3 council pages have all the info you need for the greenway as it currently stands...parking, access points, toilets, bike hire, sections open, things to see and more:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

On poo bags - the New Forest in England has warning signs because the ponies are dying from eating them. Horses are attracted to the cereal in dog poo, but the plastic is deadly for them. Better not to use a bag if you're not going to take it away.

Chuchote wrote: »
    On poo bags - the New Forest in England has warning signs because the ponies are dying from eating them. Horses are attracted to the cereal in dog poo, but the plastic is deadly for them. Better not to use a bag if you're not going to take it away.

Horses arent allowed on the greenway

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

No, but unfortunately gobs****s that dump rubbish are !

Doesn't really matter, unless it's got high walls each side. Saw a sheep farmer tweeting the other day begging people not to throw bags of dog poo over the hedge into her farm where her sheep can eat it.

Doesn't really matter, unless it's got high walls each side. Saw a sheep farmer tweeting the other day begging people not to throw bags of dog poo over the hedge into her farm where her sheep can eat it.

So what can be done?,the council are not putting bins and people are not cleaning up its a no win situation

So what can be done?,the council are not putting bins and people are not cleaning up its a no win situation

Either
    • don't bag the dog poo but instead bring a trowel and hoosh it into the grass at the side, or
    • bag it and bring it to the entrance, where I hope there is a bin (this may mean leaving the bag temporarily behind and picking it up on your way back)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Either
    • don't bag the dog poo but instead bring a trowel and hoosh it into the grass at the side, or
    • bag it and bring it to the entrance, where I hope there is a bin (this may mean leaving the bag temporarily behind and picking it up on your way back)

Option 3. Bring your Effin bagged 'dog sh1t home with you. Same with any other papers, wrappers, plastic bottles etc that you may have purchased or brought with you. Why do people expect to have bins everywhere...there is absolutely no excuse for littering....it's moronic behavior from individuals who have zero civic pride or even basic manners which in Ireland we seem to have a very high density of such gib****es......😡😡😡

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Option 3. Bring your Effin bagged 'dog sh1t home with you. Same with any other papers, wrappers, plastic bottles etc that you may have purchased or brought with you. Why do people expect to have bins everywhere...there is absolutely no excuse for littering....it's moronic behavior from individuals who have zero civic pride or even basic manners which in Ireland we seem to have a very high density of such gib****es......😡😡😡

May I invite you to drive a kilometre with a bag of dog poo in your car, even in the boot. The piercing nature of the smell is quite extraordinary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

May I invite you to drive a kilometre with a bag of dog poo in your car, even in the boot. The piercing nature of the smell is quite extraordinary.

Use fragranced nappies bags and then just double or trebble bag, even then the most pungent eye watering gut wrenching stench can be kept at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

I've done it with a 2 year olds no. 2 nappy....many times and more than 1km....I supppse you would just leave the nappy on side of road....

Road-Hog wrote: »
    I've done it with a 2 year olds no. 2 nappy....many times and more than 1km....I supppse you would just leave the nappy on side of road....

Me? No, when I used to drive with my dog to bring her for walks I put the poo bag in the bin in the park. I forgot one day and put the double-bagged poo in the boot. Whoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

If you don't want to take responsibility for a dog, don't have a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I have 2 dogs and often drive 20 k back from beach with poo bags. No smell because triple bag with scented nappy bags. Wouldn't even use a bin if one was provided. My dogs my problem. Same with rubbish if you can carry it to the point where it becomes rubbish and not something to eat or drink you can carry it home.

JohnC. wrote: »
    If you don't want to take responsibility for a dog, don't have a dog.

Can I hold your high horse for you, sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Can I hold your high horse for you, sir?

I think JohnC completely right and reasonable.

Not altogether. I have made it clear that I personally don't leave bags of dog poo behind me; the personal tone of boorish attacks annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

It all seems fairly straightforward to me. Leave no trace. That means take away any rubbish or waste, as well as doing no damage. If everyone just had that small bit of personal responsibility then there would be no issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Not altogether. I have made it clear that I personally don't leave bags of dog poo behind me; the personal tone of boorish attacks annoys me.

If you don't do it, then it's not aimed at you, is it? So why are you taking it personally?

Advertisement