Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Run, Swim and Spin, Fatboy, Spin!

• 20-03-2016 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

I was just clearing out a few photos from my computer and i found one i had taken in 2011 as a
    motivator to try to get fit. Looking at it now i've done feck all to sort myself out since then and
    i'm stuck in the same regime.

This time i mean it! I've a wardrobe full of nice clothes with new tags on them which i've never
    worn as they don't fit me. I buy them in a smaller size and say that will be my motivator and i
    never manage to get into them. I wear the same ****ty probably 10 - 15 items of clothing over
    and over again at weekends. And the same shirts and trousers in work during the week. I've
    actually separated them so i don't have to go into the wardrobe and start looking in the 'doesn't
    fit you anymore fatboy' section! :D

In 2014 i did a lot of work and lost about 2.5 stone. Going from 15.5 to around 13st at my
    lightest. But unfortunately i took the foot off the pedal and didn't maintain it and started eating
    ****e again. Now i'm worse off than i was before around 17st. I reckon my healthy weight for
    my height and size is about 11 - 11.5st and i'm going to try and get there over the next 12
    Months. It will be a complete failure and disaster, or it will be successful as i don't really have
    a middle ground.

Goal is to be in and around 12 - 13 Stone by May 2017 for my Birthday.

The main reason i'm going to put stuff up here is because i've kept a fitness diary before and
    if i've nobody to be accountable to it goes to **** after a few weeks. If you guys on Boards
    can give me a hard time here if i miss a day that will help.

Initial Goals are as follows:

A) Set out a plan on a Sunday for the week for 5 days of exercise and stick to them.

B) Spin, Swim and Learn how to run using C25K.

C) Use the other two days to sort out my diet and prepare food the evening before work.

D) Ultimately do everything in my power to have a weight between 12 - 13 Stone by next May
    and bring my BMI into a normal (non Obese range)

E) Where possible limit the amount of Alcohol i'm consuming.

A lot to do but lets do it.

Day 1 tomorrow! I'll Weigh in in the morning and on a monthly basis then. Lets get it going!

Any support or constructive comments are welcome!

Cheers,

Appleguy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Day 1: Starting Weight 16 10 1/4 :o

Started it off with 10 mins cycling, 10 mins cross trainer and the first day of the C25K Programme. Feeling good and have the porridge on!

Day 2

10 mins on the bike and C25K for about 30 minutes. I did day one again because i'm not used to running and think its gonna take me a while to get into it.

Day 3

Did a bit of a weights session today not sure what the exercises are called so i cant tell you what they're called but i was using the 10KG weights and 12.5KG as i wouldn't be that used to it. Did three sets of 10 or 12 of each of them.

Day 4:

Rest day - Did too much with the weights yesterday

Day 5: Tough Spin Class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Are you going straight from 0 to 5 days a week working out or were you doing something already? If you take on too much too soon you'll end up getting injured or getting bored of it and quit. Start off easy and build it up. That way you're more likely to stick at it.

Thanks for post. No I've been in the gym for years. Id go consistently for a few months and then not go for another three months. Never getting the results I wanted.

I'm hoping that by keeping a diary here I might keep it up for longer get to where I want to be and then maintain.

Day 6: Easy day walk with the dogs

Day 7: C25K and 10 minutes on the bike

Day 8: Rest day

• Advertisement

Day 9: walked the Dogs

Day 10: Spin and C25K day 3

Advertisement