Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do? practical advice

Options
  • 20-03-2016 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭

We had a very old neighbour who passed away yesterday at a very elderly age. Although my siblings and me knew her all our lives and I vaguely remember her husband dying in the 1990s. We never saw anyone. She was very private. Her doctor also has no next of kin listed. Where do we go to from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

i am assuming you find yourselves as de facto next of kin, if you have access to the house you might be able to find details of relations, names, phone numbers or details of this lady's solicitor, perhaps she left a will or details of what to do when she died.
    if you don't have access to the house or unsure about the legalities of entering it to look around call the local guards and explain the situation to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Thanks. Did have key but didn't want to enter so called community guard. Found nearly 50k in cash and a will leaving it to a distant cousin, located on facebook. Funeral weds. Said cousin can't make it..just asked if we could forward on cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

amtc wrote: »
    Thanks. Did have key but didn't want to enter so called community guard. Found nearly 50k in cash and a will leaving it to a distant cousin, located on facebook. Funeral weds. Said cousin can't make it..just asked if we could forward on cash!

I'm sure you will already but please make sure you do this all through the lady's solicitor.

Advertisement