Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot see Statements on Banking 365

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

After 10 weeks and 10 separate attempts via the online service desk, I have been unable to get online access to my credit card statements. The responses from Bank of Ireland have been full of nothing but contemptible rubbish. There is no excuse for this appalling level of service. Clearly others have had similar problems. At one point, staff in BoI simply appeared to give up on it altogether - suggesting that I make a complaint! I want the problem solved. If their complaints department is anything like their customer service department, I'd only be wasting more time on the issue. It's simply not good enough. I'm considering raising the issue with the Financial Services Ombudsman - has anyone out there had experience in this area and can they advise as to what type of outcome they achieved?
    Hi Drivebybanjo

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're very sorry to hear of your recent experience and would like to find out more about your statement request. We will send you a private message shortly and hope you can reply. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Drivebybanjo

Still not able to see my statements online. Have sent 2 PMs now also - I've been trying since July - every week - to get access to my statements (10 attempts through Service Desk, some of which were ignored and now trying through boards). I got a message on the Service Desk a week ago telling me that the problem had been fixed. It has not been fixed. This should be such a simple thing. I want to see my credit card statements online. Why can't BOI provide this service? I get an email every month telling me it's available - it isn't. Are others experiencing the same problem? I will not be giving up. BOI - give me access to my statements for crying out loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Still not able to see my statements online. Have sent 2 PMs now also - I've been trying since July - every week - to get access to my statements (10 attempts through Service Desk, some of which were ignored and now trying through boards). I got a message on the Service Desk a week ago telling me that the problem had been fixed. It has not been fixed. This should be such a simple thing. I want to see my credit card statements online. Why can't BOI provide this service? I get an email every month telling me it's available - it isn't. Are others experiencing the same problem? I will not be giving up. BOI - give me access to my statements for crying out loud.
    Hi Drivebybanjo,

I have responded to your PM. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Many thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

I'm having similar problems. On PC I can view my eStatement for my CC, but when I attempt to download it, I get "Failed Network Error". When I look at the error this is the header info: 

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 300 at column 47: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Please ignore ajax request
    Please ignore fix for ie bug

... then a text version of page below this

I think that considering that BOI wants us to rely in eStatements rather than paper ones then this is something they MUST ensures works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

soc wrote: »
    I'm having similar problems. On PC I can view my eStatement for my CC, but when I attempt to download it, I get "Failed Network Error". When I look at the error this is the header info: 

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 300 at column 47: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Please ignore ajax request
    Please ignore fix for ie bug

... then a text version of page below this

I think that considering that BOI wants us to rely in eStatements rather than paper ones then this is something they MUST ensures works.
    Good Morning soc, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

This error maybe related to the browser you're using. Can I ask you to clear your cache and try a different browser and/or a different device (browser on your phone). Also, please ensure that you have Adobe Reader installed to enable you to view estatements in PDF format. 

This should help resolve the issue and if not just let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DiarmaidFlynn

I have the same issue. Its only with Chrome \ 365 Online and PDF Statements. I guess its a issue with the security settings of the PDF. It doesn't happen in IE nor does it happen with other PDFs. Only workaround in Chrome is to print to PDF. The worst part of the issue is when you save the file, you think it saved, only to find the pdf didn't save when to go to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

I have the same issue. Its only with Chrome \ 365 Online and PDF Statements. I guess its a issue with the security settings of the PDF. It doesn't happen in IE nor does it happen with other PDFs. Only workaround in Chrome is to print to PDF. The worst part of the issue is when you save the file, you think it saved, only to find the pdf didn't save when to go to find it.
    Hi Diarmaid, 

Thanks for your post here. We will forward your feedback on to our Online team.

Just to mention, when you wish to save your statement if you are using Google Chrome, you may need to select the Print option and then under Destination click on the Change button.
    This will give you the option to select Save as PDF and then click Save. You should then be presented with a dialogue box which will allow you to save the document.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭losetheforce

Sorry for bringing up a zombie thread, but amazed to se that 2 years later it is still not possible to download PDF statements from BOI using the most popular browser in the world. I just tried there and spend 25 mins at it. Brutal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Sorry for bringing up a zombie thread, but amazed to se that 2 years later it is still not possible to download PDF statements from BOI using the most popular browser in the world. I just tried there and spend 25 mins at it. Brutal!

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Can I ask what message you're getting when you're trying to download this and have you tried the steps given in the previous message from us?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Payton

Hi this is going on for over 2 years now. I think the issue that is still on going is that when I log in to the BOI Mobile app for Android and go to Credit Card, I cannot access the Statments as Im met with an error. We shouldn't have to go through Google to access Statments. Realistically we as customers are paying for the app through our fees.
    I have also emailed BOI regarding this 18 months ago and I received a generic reply that I will be contacted and Im still waiting.
    Im sure Iam not the only person whom has contacted BOI on all platforms regarding this. Honestly its pretty poor that has a long standing customer its still an issue.

• Advertisement

Payton wrote: »
    Hi this is going on for over 2 years now. I think the issue that is still on going is that when I log in to the BOI Mobile app for Android and go to Credit Card, I cannot access the Statments as Im met with an error. We shouldn't have to go through Google to access Statments. Realistically we as customers are paying for the app through our fees.
    I have also emailed BOI regarding this 18 months ago and I received a generic reply that I will be contacted and Im still waiting.
    Im sure Iam not the only person whom has contacted BOI on all platforms regarding this. Honestly its pretty poor that has a long standing customer its still an issue.

Hi Payton,

Can I ask if this is only happening with your credit card statements and if you can view your current account statements as normal? Also can I just confirm that you have checked that the Tablet app is fully updated?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hi Payton,

Can I ask if this is only happening with your credit card statements and if you can view your current account statements as normal? Also can I just confirm that you have checked that the Tablet app is fully updated?

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren..i started this thread over 2 years ago!
    I can view my savings and current accounts no problem but not my credit card statement.
    I dont use a tablet..i use my laptop where there is no problem logging into BOI and everything can be viewed. On my phone which is Android i cannot see my Credit card statments.
    Nothing has changed in over 2 years sonce i started the thread and honestly its frustrating. Honestly i dont expect it to change either as im still awaiting the call back.

Hi Payton,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren..i started this thread over 2 years ago!
    I can view my savings and current accounts no problem but not my credit card statement.
    I dont use a tablet..i use my laptop where there is no problem logging into BOI and everything can be viewed. On my phone which is Android i cannot see my Credit card statments.
    Nothing has changed in over 2 years sonce i started the thread and honestly its frustrating. Honestly i dont expect it to change either as im still awaiting the call back.
    Thanks for confirming this with me Payton. e-Statements wouldn't be available through the mobile app, just through the full 365 website or the tablet app, but thank you for this feedback and I'll certainly pass this on.

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

The point of the thread is why they are not available or is it planned to be made available.

The point of the thread is why they are not available or is it planned to be made available.

We don't have any update on this Payton, but please be assured that if this changes in the future we'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement