Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards WORST WWE Champion Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

All these won't go too far in this.

I'll give it to Sheiky.

Mankind's win and all his main event actions at the time were priceless.

As much as we rag on Hogan there is no doubt he was superman to most of us as a kid. And anytime he was champ he has over as F.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

No way Hogan gets my vote anyway. Mick had some unbelievable memories and moments as champ, but his time as champ was overall only alright. Shiek however, I love him, was just a means to get the belt onto Hogan. Sheiky baby for round 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mankind for me, it was a good feud with The Rock at the time, but Sheik's reign helped start Hulkamania.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I'll go with the shiek as I'm haven't seen really anything from him except his rants nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

**** THE MICK FOLEY AND **** THE HOLLYWOOD BLONDE JABRONI THE IRON SHEIK IS #1 BUBBA IRAN #1 USA HACH PTOOO.

VOTE: MANKIND

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    I'll go with the shiek as I'm haven't seen really anything from him except his rants nowadays

Worth checking out his stuff, outside of the personality he really was an awesome heel.

The Iron Sheik was one helluva worker, he was a legit tough bad ass.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Iron Sheik. Simple process of elimination really. Hogan is Hogan and Mankind produced some amazing moments with his capture of the belt and subsequent matches with the Rock. Average reign overall but better than Sheik for sure.

Iron Shiek makes it through to Round 2, saying, "Hulk Hogan and the Mankind, you no good mother ****ers, worse than the Michael Jackson, I'll put you both in the camel clutch and make you humble!" and never making it out to actually wrestle. WHOSE NEXT?

Edge

854.jpg

vs

Buddy Rogers

buddy_rogers-208x257.jpg

vs

Kane

a54f9d4d6634a2dc0405a1dbfc64c7c2.jpg

Kane. His reign as WWE Champion was what, 24 hrs - if that. It was awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Kane by process of elimination. Buddy was the first ever WWWF Champion and it was because of him not being voted in as NWA Champion that Vince Sr left the NWA to establish his own World Champion. Edge while more memorable as World Champion IMO had some good WWE Title reigns. Kane was a 1 day Champ in 1998 which he won in a screw job finish and then lost clean the next night. Kane gets the vote

This should be a whitewash, Kane's reign served no purpose what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Nice edit there TBC :P Kane was champion for a day, losing it the next night blew a lot of his momentum which one could argue he never fully regained. Rogers' reign doesn't seem to have been much good either (he lost it to Bruno quickly & won it in a fictional tournament) but at least he has the honour of being the first. I loved Edge as WWE Champion.

Because I fear a Kane whitewash I'm going to say Buddy Rogers because at least Kane actually won it in a match. Though honestly I would peg Kane as a potential winner of the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Gutted to vote Kane as he was a total animal at the time. But impossible to look passed the 24 thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Huge fan of Kane during this era, but that 24 hr reign is one of the worst.

Kane, I guess. But there's not much that attracted me to Edge during his main event run either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm going to vote Buddy Rodgers, just so Kane doesn't have all of the votes against him. :pac:

Kane's pyro never went off, so he is sticking around for round two.

RVD

vs

Ivan Koloff

vs

Stan Stasiak

My vote here is with Stan, and I think should be the man to win the whole thing. He entire point of his reign was to just get the belt off Bruno then lose it a few days later, so that Bruno wouldn't drop the belt to another face. Stan wasn't picked to be the man, he just happened to be on the card at the time.

I'll go with RVD. Could have been a decent champ but he chose to mess it up within a month. Never credible either needing Edge to help him win the title in his back yard even.
    Don't really know enough about the other two lads time with the belt to comment either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Stasiak. In a time where reigns would last literally years, he had it for days. The ultimate transitional champion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Going to go with Stan for the exact reason Omack said.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Stasiak. A total waste of time. Guy was literally in the right place at the right time.

Stasiak was in the wrong place at the wrong time and is now in round 2! NEEEEEEEXT!!!!

Bruno Sammartino

vs

JBL

vs

Bob Backlund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Backland.

Diesel/Nash changeover was a joke.

As if Bruno had a chance here :pac:

Voting for poor Mr. Backlund, largely due to the house show squash he lost the title at. JBL wasn't an all time great, but he did the best he could with what was a somewhat sparse Smackdown roster at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

do people forget that Backlund was champ for nearly six years in the late 70s & early 80s?

And he also had a three day reign that ended in an 8 second match at a house show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Backlund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Backlaund for me seemed a very meh champion from the little bits i have seen plus ive always hated him from when i was a bret fan and he beat him.

Bruno i think speaks for himself and i loved Jbl's reign wasnt an great but at the time it just worked and he was a great heel.

Advertisement