Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards WORST WWE Champion Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm actually surprised to see Bob win that so easily to be honest, but none the less he eats a chicken wing instead of applying one into round two. Who will join him?

The Rock

vs

Chris Jericho

vs

Rey Mysterio

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Rey. One reign, lost it that same day to John Cena, and he wasn't even the sole champion as it was during the Summer of Punk situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rey has to be the one there. i can barley remember his reign i think his only one was when he held it for an hour then lost to cena just after money in the bank??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I think I speak for everyone who voted for bob when I say it was down to the house show squash match.

Rey here, because simply it was the worst reign of all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Rey. To put it simply, I have a vague hazy recollections of him holding the title, with Jericho and Rock I have solid great memories of each of their multiple reigns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Rey's reign didn't even last a full night, and Punk was technically the real champ at the time, definitely one of the most pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rey. A jobber champion at best.

And let's not talk about his one WWE Champion "reign". What was the point?

1998 heel Rock was great and I enjoyed Jericho as Undisputed Champion and his heel runs with the WHC in 2008 onwards were always fun.

Booyaka booyaka, 61 ROUND 2 for Rey!

Only a few fights left:

Jeff Hardy

vs

Pedro Morales

vs

Bret Hart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Jeff Hardy. Never believed it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I enjoyed Jeff Hardy's run for the championship, but the brevity of the reign counts against him here. I don't see him going on to "win" this tournament, but I reckon he's more deserving to go through than the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Jeff was not a main-eventer, should never have had a world title on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yep I'd agree with the above. Jeff never was the full article. Was constantly over massively with the fans but when you compare him to the guys he fueded with (HHH/Punk) you could see he just couldn't stack up promo wise to them in a main event setting.

Jeff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pedro Morales. Enjoyed Jeff and Bret's reigns.. Ah who am I kidding. Just trying to avoid the Hardy whitewash here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jeff Hardy. Never bought him as champion. They waited so long to pull the trigger when it happened I didn't give a ****.

Ill go pedro merely as i dont know him and i enjoyed jeff and bret was an all time great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Pedro Morales. Obviously I wasn't born but WWF never presented him as serious in the 1980s.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Pedro. Bret is one of the best of all time. Hardy was over like rover at the time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

attachment.php?attachmentid=7570991&d=1423426313

What a close one, Pedro could have made it threw had the votes for him came earlier, but Jeff dives right into round 2. But you won't believe who he is bringing with him!

Sheamus

vs

Randy Savage

vs

Ultimate Warrior

Warrior gets my vote here. He was being positioned to take over from Hogan, and it just really did not work out. I think the only really memorable thing about his reign was that he won the match in a title vs. title match, and I can't think of anything else that came from it.

• Advertisement

Has to be sheamus i think if he wasnt irish he would have been the same as reigns for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Sheamus. He never held the belt with credibility. The other two had iconic matches and opponents. Sheamus, nah

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Warrior.

Didn't Sgt Slaughter take the title off him? Nuff said

I can see what people saying about UW. But the guy had an utterly thankless job of trying to replace Hulk Hogan not long after the peak of Hulkamania.

Sheamus' first win was really memorable due to him being Irish and the fact he beat Cena so shockingly. Really made him a star. I loved it.

That said, his latest run was a joke. In the hall of crappy runs it ranks as a top 5 turd for sure.

Sheamo.

My vote here has to be Warrior. Honestly his reign bombed, while Sheamus's first run overwrites anything that followed so far, it was at least decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sheamus. Just don't buy him as an A+ player

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sheamus. As said before, if he weren't Irish he'd be comparable to Reigns. I can't think of one match he won clean as WWE champ against a top star. His latest reign was a joke and the screwy way Cena put him over - but really didn't - while memorable for us Irish fans, has to rank in the top 5 of terrible ways to win a match

"Round 2 fella!!!!" Sheamus yelled, thinking this was for the best champion. Almost done folks!

Sycho Sid

vs

Kurt Angle

vs

Alberto Del Rio

Sid never thought he was a worthy champ really forgettable reigns for both of his.

• Advertisement

The WWE champ should be THE man in the company when he is given the belt. I liked him and his work but Del Rio was never THE man.

Sid is/was arguably the most bad ass lookin F'er to hold the belt.

Angle is/was arguably the most bad ass MFer period.

Advertisement