Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards WORST WWE Champion Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yeah I think ADR is another man who benefitted from having two World titles around. He gets my vote here. Sid had an awesome aura and Angle is Angle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Toughie this. Kurt aside, Del Rio and Sid's runs with the belt were equally as bad.
    I probably prefer Sid a little more than Del Rio, so on the basis of that....
    Del Rio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Del Rio for me. Not particularly memorable whereas Sid is one of my favourite monster champions & Angle has had great moments and matches with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Albertooooooooooooooooooo dellllll looooooooooser goes to round 2!

Second last match up of round 1:

Eddie Guerrero

vs

Diesel

vs

Ric Flair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The first real dud of modern era WWF/E. It's no surprise people have compared Diesel to Roman Reigns.

Probably gets ragged on worst than he deserves but the competition for him in this round are light years ahead of him

• Advertisement

This is actually another hard one. I didn't mind Diesel as such, but compared to Eddie there's only one winner.
    Flair is probably the best big gold belt champ of all time. But WWE....? Felt like a token reign to be honest.
    I'll go with Flair to prevent the Diesel landslide.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Diesel, though he's not far off Flair. Ric was better for his other world title reigns, his WWE reigns I don't really remember much about.

It's a toss between Flair and Big Daddy Cool here. Diesel for me just edges it because his reign didn't have memorable moments for me while at least Rics had the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I like all 3 but I think diesel edges this one

And Big Daddy Cool clicks his way into round 2. And now, the final match up of round 1:

Superstar Billy Graham

vs

CM Punk

vs

Yokozuna

• Advertisement

Yokozuna. I don't particularly have a reason apart from never being a fan of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Process of elimination means it's Yokozuna for me. Graham was the first long reigning heel champion and was so popular he should have been turned face with the belt kept on him rather than dropped to Backlund imo.

Punk winning the title for the first time was one of the hottest angles in years and while WWE blew their load too early after it he still went on to be the longest reign in modern wrestling.

Both are too significant to vote for the worst which leaves Yoko.

Graham for me I just feel punk and yoko were better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I love Yokozuna but I have to choose him here, that no good bastard throwing the salt at Bret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I love Yokozuna but I have to choose him here, that no good bastard throwing the salt at Bret.

Wasnt it Mr Fuji that threw the salt? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yoko for me as graham held the belt for ages and seems to have made it a big deal. Cm punk held the belt for over a year.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Wasnt it Mr Fuji that threw the salt? :pac:
    That's who I meant. That little fecker went years doing nothing, then finally. AAAAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Yoko for me too.

Yoko rolls into round two... But he doesn't have to wait long for his fight, as his match is now!

Round Two

First man to reach 5 votes makes it through

Shawn Michaels

844-head-stand.jpg

vs.

Yokozuna

latest?cb=20130609171315

Very hard one but I think I'll go for shawn even though he's my favourite wrestler but his title reigns were very underwhelming

• Advertisement

Yokozuna again for me. Michaels at least had some charisma about him. Yokozuna was... big. And he had Mr. Fuji.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yokozuna. He just never felt like The Man, even though he main evented two WrestleManias

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Yoko here too. I thought Shawn's first reign was grand. Yoko felt like "Oh here's this big guy, let's push him for a while" kinda fella.

Shawn Michaels. He has made me feel embarrassed to be a wrestling fan on too many occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Shawn for me.
    Yoko always felt like a monster to me as a child watching I hated him and loved bret so job done there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yoko. Shawn's 1996 reign saves him here. I don't remember any of Yoko's matches as champion apart from the WM9 debacle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pretty much what Moneymaker said here, the only thing I remember about Yoko's matches was the WM9 nonsense. There are worse than him but HBK is not one of them.

Yokozuna!

The forklift is out to bring Yoko to the next round. Next up:

Seth Rollins

seth-rollins-face.png?w=650&h=372

Vs.

Sgt Slaughter

tumblr_m9m43fG1RR1qemxfbo1_500.jpg

Slaughter. Never could stand him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Rollins for me, he was an afterthought in an Authority vs Cena/Reigns/Ambrose/Whoever angle, and almost anyone could have filled that slot.
    At least with Slaughter it's was part of a huge storyline around the time of the Gulf War.

Advertisement