Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards WORST WWE Champion Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Both had relatively good runs.

I'd probably give it to Slaughter the gimmick and all the little tweaks to it were great but these types of feuds are fairly useless once they're played out.

Slaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Slaughter because he was sh*t and looked like someone's moany uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Seth Rollins easily.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Could be wrong but I don't think slaughter had even one succesful title defense during his run so Sarge for me.

That is also probably the best picture of him I've ever seen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Slaughter. At least Seth is arguably the best performer on the roster. Slaughter was literally a nobody. He never did anything for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The Sarges chin got stuck in the entrance so he makes it through! Next up its the Donald Trump Classic:

Rey Mysterio

456700338_1624132.gif

vs.

Alberto Del Rio

358rifn.jpg

ADR's run as the champ was meh while Rey's was bad imo (blink and you woulda missed it)....so Rey Rey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Slaughter was only given the reign to get some controsvery and let hogan beat the foreign loving guy so has to be the sarge for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rey Mysterio. Anyone that wins the title and loses it that same night for their only run has to be in the running. Del Rio's run was awful too though.

One of my big bugbears is when somebody defends something with the "Ah he deserved/deserves at least one run for all he has done for the business".

Rey Mysterio's title was one such
    "IOU". Much like his WHC push around the time EG death.

Rey FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Gotta vote Rey

It wasn't a title run it was a title blink and you'll miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah Rey, he'll rival Reigns for this IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Booyaka Booyaka, ow my knee, Booyaka Booyaka, Ron Mysterious.

How long was his reign, an hour?

Rey goes for the 619 and flies through the ropes into round 3. Next up:

Bob Backlund

doc555379cf57a3e6258066061.jpg

vs.

Jeff Hardy

jhvs-04.gif

Backlund. Simply for THAT reign. Hardy was never 'the' man but he was super over as champ. Had some damn fine matches with HHH and Edge for the belt too IMO.

Ugh, this is a tough one. Obviously Backlund had an all time great reign but he also had the infamous reign where he lost to Diesel.

I never bought Jeff as champion in any of his reigns. And of course the Victory Road debacle.

Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Backlaund for me i think that aweful reign is just embedded in my mind.

Jeff while never the man had great matches and solid feuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jeff for me, I really cant vote for backlund while his reign was short, I loved how he got there

I feel Backlunds reigns kinda cancel each other out while Jeff I pretty much don't recall as WWE Champ

so Jeff gets my vote

My vote goes to Jeff also, Bobs first reign was great, regardless of what happened much later, while Jeffs fell flat after the night he won. So Jeff fails a drug test and ends up in round 3! Next!!!

The Iron Sheik

sheik.jpg

Vs.

Kane

138313_512x288_generated.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I dont know much about Shieky babys reign but I never liked kane as champion. It was suck a token reign and his one day reign seemed more.impprtant than his entire whc reign so I pick kane

Sheikh was never a credible champion at all imo. Love the guy but he was never at that level.

Kane should have been a multi time champion imo and when he did win it, it was a big deal.

I'll go for Sheikh. Neither had good runs but Kane deserved better while Sheikh never deserved the title in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Sid Justice

guile4582 wrote: »
    Sid Justice

Sid is gone a long long time brother

Kane. The length of the reign is the only deciding factor for me as they were equally forgettable as champions.

Yip the same as the last round. Breaks my heart to pick it as 97/98 Kane was truly something special but 24hrs???

It's such a blip you'd even question would you even class him run as a run as WWE champion.

Yeah Kane like Ron Ron Mysterious before him takes the fall here because of the blip of a reign that his was. Still though a truely terrible champion could beat one of them still.

Although the person I suggested in my very first post in this thread was actually a WHC not a WWE champ (Khali) so won't be the one to do it.

Kane.

Yeah Kane like Ron Ron Mysterious before him takes the fall here because of the blip of a reign that his was. Still though a truely terrible champion could beat one of them still.

Although the person I suggested in my very post in this thread was actually a WHC not a WWE champ (Khali) so won't be the one to do it.

I think it might have been a good idea to omit the one day/one week reigns as really any of them could be considered the worst reign ever.

• Advertisement

Ah a reign is a reign, though.

Advertisement