Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards WORST WWE Champion Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think ill go for kane as it was a short reign that was pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ah a reign is a reign, though.

I guess my point is that I don't really remember the random one day reigns or whatever as anything other then pointless or ratings ploys or whatever.

The really bad reigns are the ones that did long term damage to the title, the promotion or whatever. Rey's run with the WHC did long term damage to that titles credibility, ditto Jack Swagger, the Miz, hell even the way Rollins was booked as champion damaged the title's credibility.

Something to consider I think. Bit late now I guess :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Gotta pick Kane too. He was my favourite back then too, and I was so disappointed his reign ended so quick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Kane looses his mask, and his fans, and heads into round 3. Next up,

Andre the Giant

Andre.jpg

vs.

Sheamus

4303620094_e93093283c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

My god, andre is in dire need of some mouthwash in that pic.

Andre for me, his reign really meant nothing, while sheamus as champ was never great, its above Andres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sheamus takes this IMO.

His latest run was horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Andre because his reign lasted less than a day where as Sheamus at least held it a lot longer than a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i wish i could pick both but ill go with sheamus for this all his title runs have been terrible. i cant think of anything memorable he done during them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Andre for me...He sold the title immediately after winning it thanks to a dodgy ref.

Andre is a legend but could win this whole thing tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Can I pick both? Lucky draw here for one of them. Going to go for Andre. Another token reign with title being dropped in a day.

• Advertisement

Andre "Ear of Corn Mouth" The Giant for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My favourite part of this tournament is the pictures being chosen for everyone :D

Andre said something about how this was a fix, but no one could understand him so he are keeping him into round 3 just so he can get a translator. Next up:

Stan Stasiak

Stan_9.jpg

vs.

Roman Reigns

Hk8Yz43.gif

Stasiak.

Really lucky to have held the title, and a true transitional champ

Yep, Stasiak for me too. Reigns gets lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I guess my point is that I don't really remember the random one day reigns or whatever as anything other then pointless or ratings ploys or whatever.

The really bad reigns are the ones that did long term damage to the title, the promotion or whatever. Rey's run with the WHC did long term damage to that titles credibility, ditto Jack Swagger, the Miz, hell even the way Rollins was booked as champion damaged the title's credibility.

Something to consider I think. Bit late now I guess :pac:
    Maybe we can do a tournament of the worst sub 24 hour champions ever in the WWF!

Roman Reigns for me this round.

Stasiak. I've said it since the start, he should win the whole thing. I cannot stress the truth; he only won the belt because he happened to be against Bruno that night, and he lost it quickly afterwards.

58651967.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Has to be Reigns. A transitional champion is nowhere near as bad as one whose push has completely ruined the whole show. The whole show has been based around the Reigns face push for the title, and the whole show was massively impacted for the worse by this Reigns push. In terms of the negative effect of a title reign on pretty much everyone involved, it is hard to see a more clearer winner for this one than Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Reigns for me. Just because his reign and consist pushes have ruined WWE. It isnt his fault, but hes a victim. Reigns for me

• Advertisement

Reigns needs 1 more vote while Stan needs 2

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Reigns for me. Stasiak at least contributed something to pro wrestling. Reigns is never going to be the man despite WWE wanting us to except him as such.

Reigns gets his superman punch involved in an incident with Superman so makes it into round 3. The last match of round 2 is...

Big Show

5133%20-%20Big_Show%20crying%20smackdown%20wwe.png

vs.

Diesel

NashwithWink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

When Nash went to WCW he and the NWO succeeded because he was entertaining as hell. But when he was Big Daddy Cool he was bland as Fack.

Sooooo uninspiring when you think he was the great white hope in terms of a new 90s babyface to lead the company. Diesel couldn't even lace the shoes of Hart and Hogan.

Big Show. Can't think of a time with him as champ that ever perked my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I liked Diesel as champion. Good match vs Shawn at WM XI and his scrap with Hart at Survivor Series was top notch too.

Big show sucked. Show gets my vote

The Big Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can't remember anything good about Big Show as champ. Diesel wasn't great either but Big Show edges it here.

I pick Big Showi just caught the tail end of Diesel's reign, but I liked him as champ

• Advertisement

Big Show boards a coffin into the quarter finals! First one go 6 votes wins the round:

Jeff Hardy

385734431_1626096.gif

vs.

Andre the Giant

709685845_331854.gif

Advertisement