Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards WORST WWE Champion Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Has to be Andre for me

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Andre for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Definately Andre. Would have been fantastic if he had a solid run but his reign was meh.

Hardy was far from bad. Yes, he lack the certain je ne sais quoi that is needed to be a great champ. But there is no denying he was over like rover with the fans at the time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Andre. Token one day reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If we look at it on the title reign alone than Andre has to lose. Andre's real chance of avoiding this is against other one nighter champions or people like Reigns whose reign had a negative contribution rather than a 0.

Andre for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Andre takes it for myself also, considering he sold the belt straight away, just painted him as a chump. And that's brings him into the semi finals! Next up:

Rey Mysterio

143-mask-rey_mysterio-scared-shocked-wwe.png

vs.

Sgt Slaughter

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5fGsZknAPqPSg1NSaq1A4hP9laOiD3jZnOvD4rfST2-K5FEhY

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Rey Mysterio Jr. has to be the worst of these two. He could have been a great champion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

"Going 51, 50 speaking Spanglish" Ron Ron for me

Rey I'm not a fan of the 1 day or 2 hour champs in Rey

Rey goes the same way as Andre IMO. What can you do with a 1 night reign?

• Advertisement

As much as I'd like to vote for Slaughter. I can't find a justification over Rey. The ultimate token champion

Rey gets my vote also, I mean he held the belt for what, 2 1/2 hours? And he was never the real champion, Punk was. That puts Rey into the semis with another whitewash, will this match up be the same?

Yokozuna

tumblr_n6hf6jvCZe1srbyoyo1_400.gif

vs.

Big Show

tumblr_inline_o0d314PQSt1szyplt_500.gif

Yikes. Big Show for me. Could have been an unstoppable monster heel as champ. Bad booking turned him into a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah. Never has the title looked more of a joke than when it was smack bang in the middle of that embarrassing Show/Bossman feud.

Big Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I vote for Yoko because I enjoyed Big Show/Bossman feud when Big Show was WWF/E champion where as I don't rember much of Yoko reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm gonna go for Yoko here too. I liked the big Show / Bossman angle!

Yeah Yokozuna here too. Big Show as champion wasn't great, but it wasn't so bad that it was worthy of winning this award.

Bumping, Yoko needs 3 votes while Show needs 4

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Big Show

I like Yoko and believed in him as a credible champion.

Big Show was and is a big disappointment

My vote here also goes with Big Show. His reign turned a beast into a puppy and he never felt like the monster champion, while Yoko did despite the faults with his time as champion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yoko main evented Mania twice and looked like a legit monster heel. I enjoyed his work.

Big Show has never once excited me in over 16 years of watching him. He gets my vote here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Big Show. Did he ever have a decent reign as champion. I don't ever remember.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Big Show. Did he ever have a decent reign as champion. I don't ever remember.

He had a good reign againist brock just before wm19 and a good one with the world championship when bryan won it form him in 2010 i think.

Im going to yoko on this one as i just prefered show. i dont think either were bad champs at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm torn on this one. Show def had better WHC runs but they don't cont so he could def deserve to progress here but for me Yokos reigns only stand out for that horrible Wrestlemania moment where Hogan won the title despite not being in the main event and so I'm going with Yoko.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, Yoko gets my vote here based mostly on that memory too BH.

And Yoko makes it through to the semi finals! It's time for the final quarter final match up, and it's a noodle scratcher!!!

cornstarch.png

Romain diddly Reigns

VmUPNHE.gif

vs.

Ka-diddly-ne

6866%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20kane%20laughing%20mask%20pointing%20smackdown%20smiling%20wwe.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Reigns. Kane's reign was ultimately pointless (which sucks for me to have to say, but it's true), but it didn't damage things as much as Roman's push towards the title has. Kane's win was one bad decision, Roman's has been a series of bad decisions stretching back over a year now.

Kane. I can't find a reason to vote for Reigns as Kane's run was that bad. He didn't deserve it, but it happened and really served no purpose.

It has to be Reigns. Kane's reign wasn't good, but it did no real damage to the show itself. Nothing was invested in his reign and nothing was gained from it. Had something been invested in Kane's reign as champion there is every chance he would have been a good champion.

Reigns on the other hand has had everything invested in his reign. So many people have been held back, Raws and PPVs ruined in the hope that Reigns would have a prosperous reign as champion. Wrestlemania ruined in the pursuit of this. This all failed.

No more has been gained from Reigns' reign as champion as was Kane's (not one credible title defence as champion) and so much more invested. At least Kane lost it back to a legitimate star.

Reigns by a country mile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

has to be Reigns.
    his first one was 5:15 long an all it did was get Sheamus' cash in over and done with before losing him back in the midcard
    the second one was way too soon and had no sense of payoff, the same story arc could have been done with anyone defending in the Rumble.

at least Kane's wasn't long enough for it to have any effect on the run of things.

Advertisement