Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat food unsafe?

• 20-03-2016 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi, Just wanted to post this here to warn cat owners to be very careful with a well-known brand of cat food, as when I opened a pouch from a multipack box, there was a dreadful stench from it, which is still lingering in our utility room, where we feed our cat. According to the box, it is still in date, but clearly something wrong. Have been feeding our cat this food for nearly 14 years, never had this issue before. Could be simply a damaged batch where air got it. I will notify the manufacturer and the local supermarket, where purchased.
    Would hate for a cat to get sick because of this. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

That happened me with a whole box of pouches a while back, was so thankful my husband didn't feed them that day as he just whips open a pouch and serves it in a second, not sure he would have noticed the smell:( Packaging must have gone wrong as they were all rancid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Have had my furbaby for nearly 14 years now. Would hate for anything like that to happen to her, or anyone else's cat.
    I have a big soft spot for these gorgeous little guys and gals. That batch number should all be removed from supermarket shelves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Occasionally a pouch gets punctured or damaged in some way. One bad pack in 14 years is pretty good going tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yeah I got a batch of the ones they sell in Maxi Zoo and while some where fine others were defo off..Id say special offers a few months or even a year before the go out of date....

Advertisement