Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Gaming PC Build

Options
  • 20-03-2016 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey folks, I was thinking about building a gaming pc as I have a bit of spare cash at the minute. I was hoping to build a solid gaming rig that will be fairly well future proofed, it will also be my first build so any and all advice is appreciated.
    1. What is your budget? lets say 1200 euro for the actual rig (if needed)

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Mainly gaming ,been using a laptop so far and I'd like to play new titles coming out in 2016 and so on, streaming, and bit of college work

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? nope

5. Do you need a monitor? yes but I happen to have a 400 euro voucher for argos and was looking at monitors there, bad thing is i don't have a clue about monitors so if yous have any info about good monitors I'd be grateful

5a. If yes, what size do you need? 27 inch

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard and mouse but not fussy at the moment

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? yes but don't want to dabble in that area until my cpu is slacking behind

8. How can you pay? credit card

9. When are you purchasing? Next 2 weeks.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? south dublin city

I have put together a parts list on part picker so if yous want to look at that and let me know if I've gone completely wrong
    Put http before ://pcpartpicker.com/p/46wjP6 as I can't post links sadly

Bit of a graphics whore so thats the reason theres a 390x in there, was also thinking about a gtx 980 either but willing to take advice and compromise if the extra fps isn't worth the increased price.
    Cheers folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That's a solid enough landing OP

My build for that would be
    i5 6500 €200
    R9 390 €350
    1tb HDD €50
    8gb DDR4 €40
    Z170 board €120
    Case €150
    600w PSU €75
    240gb SSD €65
    Total €1150

Your prices are american so I don't think you'll get that build over here for the money

My prices are from mind factory.de but amazon should come in at around 1200 if you want to buy there

If you don't know what you want in a monitor then 1080p60fps is what you want, its the base mark for a monitor, should be able to get one for about €200 easy

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnny711

Cheers man, Yea ive priced the parts from amazon works out around 1200. Would you recommend going with a skylake build or will it make a huge difference ?

Not massive but some games have a big performance jump using DDR4. For the price difference you might as well go Skylake

So would an i5 6600k be a good shout ? Or is there a 6500k. Think I'll stick to your build as it seems pretty balanced

No 6500k no.

I don't think it's worth sitting on a k CPU IMO, though opinions differ.

There are Z170 boards that allow OCing on Non-k chips if you wanted to get one of those, just to have. It'd let you oc the 6500 if it came to needing to

• Advertisement

OK cheerss for the advice... what's the general opinion about dealing with minefactory.de for delivery's and returns if needed ?

Don't get your case from there or there's a big delivery hike.

As for returns, no idea

Advertisement