Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza boxes

Options
  • 20-03-2016 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get hold of cardboard pizza boxes, preferably Dublin or Cork, but mail order is ok too.

I often make home made pizza for my kids and their mates, built a pizza oven in the garden last year and it runs all year round 😜

I know I can get them on Amazon but they work out around €1+ per box and I can't believe the pizza shops pay anything like that - willing to order 50+ if needs be.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Perhaps ask a pizza place could they spare you some for cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

You can get 100 x 12 inch from Pallas foods for 18 euro, collect at depot ( Dublin 15 )

https://collect.pallasfoods.com/12-inch-pizza-box-100-per-case-pd4621.html

Have been buying stuff from there last few weeks, some good deals, it's like the Musgraves shops, find them cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

thierry14 wrote: »
    You can get 100 x 12 inch from Pallas foods for 18 euro, collect at depot ( Dublin 15 )

https://collect.pallasfoods.com/12-inch-pizza-box-100-per-case-pd4621.html

Have been buying stuff from there last few weeks, some good deals, it's like the Musgraves shops, find them cheaper

Are they trade only ? - Pallas foods are only 5 mins from my house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

If you are anyway friendly with your local chipper get them to order you a few..or any shop that has a deli would be able to get them as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Andip wrote: »
    Are they trade only ? - Pallas foods are only 5 mins from my house :D

No, anyone can get stuff there. They are great for parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

harr wrote: »
    If you are anyway friendly with your local chipper.
    Yeah, a chipper or restaurant might be best. The junkmail places, dominoes, 4 star etc would just have regular staff and I expect its all counted and would be difficult to sell on the system. But in some chippers the owner may be about.

rubadub wrote: »
    Yeah, a chipper or restaurant might be best. The junkmail places, dominoes, 4 star etc would just have regular staff and I expect its all counted and would be difficult to sell on the system. But in some chippers the owner may be about.

Ordered from Pallas €18 for 100 boxes is great value, with the pizza oven (will post pics) it's a great novelty to dish them out in pizza boxes.

Thanks to all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Tell me more about the pizza oven building process! I'd love one, been looking at them for years and have just cleared a spot for it.

How much did it cost in materials? What plans did you use, or did someone help you with it? I can see kits available for about 700 euro.

Have you tried a whole chicken in it? We visit some friends who have one and they do pizza, then a chicken, followed by loads of loaves of bread while it is cooling, then a casserole in it overnight. Great to get the use from the garden in december.

pwurple wrote: »
    Tell me more about the pizza oven building process! I'd love one, been looking at them for years and have just cleared a spot for it.

How much did it cost in materials? What plans did you use, or did someone help you with it? I can see kits available for about 700 euro.

Have you tried a whole chicken in it? We visit some friends who have one and they do pizza, then a chicken, followed by loads of loaves of bread while it is cooling, then a casserole in it overnight. Great to get the use from the garden in december.

I used salvaged bit and pieces wherever possible & got mine in place for around €300 - I used this as a reference

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-homemade-Pizza-Oven/?ALLSTEPS#intro

Previous to this I built the River Cottage one for about €100-€150 and got a couple of years out of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AY8jbOnwwg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Interesting, thanks!

Do you have to shelter it from the rain?

• Advertisement

Nope, in fact the rain helps to give it an 'old' weathered look and because I run it fairly regularly, it dries out any moisture.

The RC clay one would benefit from some shelter but even at that I got two years out of mine, the brick one should last for years.

Advertisement