Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial Kitchen for rent

Options
  • 20-03-2016 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was just wondering if anyone knew of or would be interested in renting a kitchen space for the production of a small food business.

Any ideas will be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Are you looking to rent a kitchen space for your own use, or to rent kitchen space you have for somebody else to use?

If you're looking for kitchen space yourself, you could try Newmarket Kitchen in Bray:

http://www.newmarketkitchen.com/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

cormie wrote: »
    If you're looking for kitchen space yourself, you could try Newmarket Kitchen in Bray:

http://www.newmarketkitchen.com/

Nice find Cormie, there's been a few posters looking for just such a setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kub4e84

I am looking to rent it myself for half day or ideally share full time kitchen with somebody else Cormie. I e-mailed New Market kitchen so will see what is their price range..My budget it not that big though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If you're not using animal products, I think it's quite easy to get a home kitchen approved, maybe that would be an option starting off?

I've been meaning to check out Newmarket too, I'm not sure if they have industrial tools or how it works. Let us know what they say if you can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

cormie wrote: »
    If you're not using animal products, I think it's quite easy to get a home kitchen approved, maybe that would be an option starting off?

I've been meaning to check out Newmarket too, I'm not sure if they have industrial tools or how it works. Let us know what they say if you can :)

Depends, if you're selling B2B and using raw meat, your legislation is (ridiculously) the same as a slaughter house or meat processing plant. If it's b2c then you just use Haccp regs. Newmarket has a blastchiller, which is essential if you're using any meat or dairy as these are the biggest vectors for food-borne nasties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kcm2015

kub4e84

I might have something suitable for you, pm me please
    Thanks, Karen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kub4e84

Thank you Cormie, I will be though using dairy products so doubt home kitchen will get approved for this.Will write back once I hear back from them.

pedronomix wrote: »

No blast chiller mentioned in the equipment list. Would only be a feasible option if you're baking

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TheFin

I heard recently that one of the entrepreneur support groups in Cork are giving out free use of a commercial kitchen for people to test new products

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Has anyone much experience in dealing with groups like this?

I currently have a couple of premises which I wanted to do something with and this has caught my eye. Obviously quite a bit of work and investment required to get it up and going but its certainly food for thought...

Jonny303 wrote: »
    Has anyone much experience in dealing with groups like this?

I currently have a couple of premises which I wanted to do something with and this has caught my eye. Obviously quite a bit of work and investment required to get it up and going but its certainly food for thought...

As in building a commercial kitchen for rent by a few companies?

Yea. Has anyone used one?

The first major obstacle I see is the cleaning

Yea. Has anyone used one?

The first major obstacle I see is the cleaning
    After a client is finished? Or to actually set up?

Sorry, after a client has finished.

I imagine they have to leave it in a certain state, but I would imagine not necessarily ready to go to the next person.

Sorry, after a client has finished.

I imagine they have to leave it in a certain state, but I would imagine not necessarily ready to go to the next person.

In the majority of them, you rent a table (with limited space underneath) and that's yours alone, so there's no contamination or mess. Equipment is cleaned after use. You then can rent fridge/freezer/dry storage for an extra charge if you need it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NicolaOS

duploelabs wrote: »
    No blast chiller mentioned in the equipment list. Would only be a feasible option if you're baking

I wouldn't let that deter you. HourKitchen is a new company and definitely worth the look. I viewed them and mentioned about the blast chiller and they said that if there is enough interest they will look into getting one.

Cool space.

Advertisement