Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 4 camera cctv kit

Options
  • 20-03-2016 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I bought this kit this morning for €189 in Aldi as it seemed very good value. I have it set up with the tv and 1 camera on a fly lead to make sure it is working.
    For the life of me I can not figure out how this thing turns on as there is no buttons, no remote.
    I am pretty tecky too.
    The helpline is not working.
    The QR code for the website comes up not found.
    Has anyone else bought this and tried setting it up? Or any advise

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What's not powering up? Camera or device.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭biffontour

The dvr itself. The red power light is coming on but can't get anything up on the tv. I feel stupid even asking about this but I'm baffled
    I would of presumed there would be a remote or a button to turn it on. I've tried 2 separate hdmi leads that I know are working. Only thing I can think is maybe the hdmi port is faulty

Is it making any noise? Like a HDD spinning or anything?

Usually these are plug and play, have you got a mointor that uses the analog connection as you might need to enable the HDMI port.

Yes the the hdd is spinning. The night vision is coming on when I put my hand over the camera. There is a hdmi port, v-out with a bnc twist connection and a vga connection on the back of the box

Have you tried the VGA yet?

Sounds like the box is working all okay.

Let me know what happens with VGA.

• Advertisement

No don't have a vga cable to try unfortunately.
    I will try pick one up and see if it works

biffontour wrote: »
    No don't have a vga cable to try unfortunately.
    I will try pick one up and see if it works

I'd give that a go, if not bring it back as one of them should be outputting something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved from IrelandOffline

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭crixos30

Hi just wondering did you get it working I bought one today and am setting it up the weekend oh are all 4 cameras suitable for outdoors ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shivers2010

I got the same kit in Aldi, can't get the cameras to work on app on phone. Keeps saying cameras are off line. Everything seems to be set up ok. Does anyone else have this problem??

• Advertisement

crixos30 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering did you get it working I bought one today and am setting it up the weekend oh are all 4 cameras suitable for outdoors ?

We have ours outside, didn't work with large TVs, works perfect with portable, quality better with hdmi rather than vga connection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is it good?

bigpink wrote: »
    Is it good?

Yep, picture quality is good and easy to see from playback where there was movement in front of cameras. It gives a red mark on timeline screen. Don't know what I am doing wrong, just can't get remote viewing on phone app to work. Everything else works perfectly !!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kitty171184

I bought this too and haven't set it up yet. i was wondering about the app though. I think you have to have the box connected to the internet all the time for this? Will a wifi dongle work?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kitty171184

Could anyone answer this for us?

I bought this too and haven't set it up yet. i was wondering about the app though. I think you have to have the box connected to the internet all the time for this? Will a wifi dongle work?

I have mine connected to internet router all the time and still can't get it to work.

I have mine connected to internet router all the time and still can't get it to work.

I am the same all cameras connected and to router
    When I turn on the dvr I get coloured bars on the screen of my to then it beeps and the screen goes blank any ideas on what is wrong the instructions ante terrible and don't give any info what so ever

Right after nearly putting it through the window if your to dise not support 1080 p you need to plug this in to a to that dose to change the output to 720p and he presto it works

For the app on the phone have you guys enabled the router to port forward the port in use for external use?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

Bought the single ip cameras and have them working over the app

Mine are powered over Ethernet. You have to connect them wired first. Scan using the application on a pc (it was on the cd) to give them a wired IP address. Then in settings you can input your wireless settings. After this disconnect network cable then scan again to give it a new ip which will be wireless.

I have also open the port but it still works I the app if I close the port.

Are the four cctv cameras branded maginon. Have you connected it to the supra-space cloud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 theirish

Hi just wondering if anyone has gotten this to work on line with the npview app? I can get this working while on the same network ( while me phone is connected to the WiFi) but won't work once I use external connection?? Any tips greatly appreciated...

No the dongle wouldn't be compatible with the Linux Os on the dvr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

theirish wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone has gotten this to work on line with the npview app? I can get this working while on the same network ( while me phone is connected to the WiFi) but won't work once I use external connection?? Any tips greatly appreciated...

You need some sort of port forwarding done on the router i assume?

davo2001 wrote: »
    You need some sort of port forwarding done on the router i assume?

I saw that but just wondering did anyone actually get it working? I can't see the need to port forward given the p2p nature of the connection?

theirish wrote: »
    I saw that but just wondering did anyone actually get it working? I can't see the need to port forward given the p2p nature of the connection?

The np view app worked straight off for me didn't meet to change any settings on the router

I ended up bringing back the camera system to Aldi as I couldn't get it working on my tv with any connection from hdmi to vga. It turns out it was my tv.
    I bought a similar cctv system on freetv.ie
    My tv was not workng with that so I swapped with another tv and it worked fine on vga.
    I installed all cameras and connected it to my Vigin Media router with an ethernet connection.
    There is a bit of setting up when you are trying to view it with your smartphone from outside your home wifi network.
    I had to go to portforwarding.com to establish a static ip address as V Media is dynamic.
    I had to make sure the ports I was using were open which I accessed through the router with help from a video on the portforwarding website.
    I also had to create a dynamic DNS through no-ip.com
    There is a few very helpful tutorial videos on freetv.ie

Hope this helps

biffontour wrote: »
    I ended up bringing back the camera system to Aldi as I couldn't get it working on my tv with any connection from hdmi to vga. It turns out it was my tv.
    I bought a similar cctv system on freetv.ie
    My tv was not workng with that so I swapped with another tv and it worked fine on vga.
    I installed all cameras and connected it to my Vigin Media router with an ethernet connection.
    There is a bit of setting up when you are trying to view it with your smartphone from outside your home wifi network.
    I had to go to portforwarding.com to establish a static ip address as V Media is dynamic.
    I had to make sure the ports I was using were open which I accessed through the router with help from a video on the portforwarding website.
    I also had to create a dynamic DNS through no-ip.com
    There is a few very helpful tutorial videos on freetv.ie

Hope this helps

I just saw this now. Thanks very much. Ill give it a go tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TAPlank

I got that camera kit a few months ago and am quite satisfied with it. It's performance is similar to another system that I know of that cost €600 plus!. The daytime pictures are excellent and the night time ones are just about OK. Two of the cameras are underneath a white uPVC soffit, the brightness of which affects those cameras at night, a long black hood over them should help.

I found it easy enough to setup and link to the Internet, the instructions are adequately detailed. I can logon and view the system with a smart phone. The instruction leaflet lists the manufacturers website whiich could be useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

This CCTV system is coming back as a special buy next Thursday April 5th..No price up online yet.. Might be on leaflet, anyone know?

Advertisement