Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reset button help

Options
  • 20-03-2016 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have recently built a PC and I don't like how the reset button just instantly powers off the PC without letting the drives spin down, Is there any way to make the reset button restart instead, like a script?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its an embedded function of the motherboard, so a script in the OS would never be aware it was even pressed. Its purpose is to "fix" a machine that has frozen and thus the OS is non operational.

If you'd rather not have un-graceful shutdowns then simply disconnect its headers so it ceases to function and use the power button for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 neil0302

ED E wrote: »
    Its an embedded function of the motherboard, so a script in the OS would never be aware it was even pressed. Its purpose is to "fix" a machine that has frozen and thus the OS is non operational.

If you'd rather not have un-graceful shutdowns then simply disconnect its headers so it ceases to function and use the power button for everything.
    Ok Thanks, thats a pity cause i dont really take use of that button

Advertisement