Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I put diesel into a honda 420 fuel injection quad

• 20-03-2016 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

As title says I put diesel into quad by mistake and it ran for about a minute before dying
    is this a big job to clean up? I Drained tank and washed it out with petrol ! What do I need to do next?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Drain carbs and flush with petrol. Once thats done it should be OK, might need to be towed to start, the battery won't like turning over too much.
    OK Misread, EFI might take a bit of cranking to get the diesel out of the system but again towing it will probably work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Apt username

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭9935452

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Drain carbs and flush with petrol. Once thats done it should be OK, might need to be towed to start, the battery won't like turning over too much.
    OK Misread, EFI might take a bit of cranking to get the diesel out of the system but again towing it will probably work.

Can you tow start honda quads? I have one myself, so just wondering?

Advertisement