Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent or buy shop How its work?

Options
  • 20-03-2016 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hello folks,,

I am still young but i am thinking to open a shop like hair & beauty or clothes, i want to know how its work if i want to buy or rent?

tax ?
    name company?
    where to get stuff to sell like clothes?
    And where to have information about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You can rent or buy (most rent) yes you pay tax (lots of it). You don't even have to have a company you can just have a name if you want. Google clothes wholesale you'll get lots of results. For information use google.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ben0101

jimmii wrote: »
    You can rent or buy (most rent) yes you pay tax (lots of it). You don't even have to have a company you can just have a name if you want. Google clothes wholesale you'll get lots of results. For information use google.

In case of rent, i need to register or have license to start?
    cause i have no idea about how open a small shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Post thread on boards.

Have someone do all the work for you.

OP, you aren't ready to run your own business. You need to do your own research.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

ben0101 wrote: »
    In case of rent, i need to register or have license to start?
    cause i have no idea about how open a small shop

Probably best not to open one then to be honest! It's not that different from renting a place to live. It's just a lot more expensive!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Do some basic research then consider going to your local enterprise office (LEO - https://www.localenterprise.ie/) and look at doing a start your own business course. You cant just expect to ask a few questions and open a shop tomorrow and run a successful business, you need a understanding of the basics first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

OP, start by getting a job in a small shop, and learning about how shops work.

Then you can start to make a plan for how you will run shop of your own work. Start by thinking about who your customers might be, and how you can offer them something that other shops aren't - ie why they should shop with you.

Advertisement