Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

And everyone loves to walk on the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

I know a lot of posters don't feel looks are as big a deal as some may believe. But people are talking from different age groups. I'm dealing with an age group of 20-25. Now its the same for women. But if ur not the best looking ur f**ked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

La.de.da wrote: »
    And everyone loves to walk on the beach.

WTFF is it with these jumping in front of landmarks pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Silverman. wrote:
    I know a lot of posters don't feel looks are as big a deal as some may believe. But people are talking from different age groups. I'm dealing with an age group of 20-25. Now its the same for women. But if ur not the best looking ur f**ked.

Silverman. It's been said a thousand times that it's not all about looks. For any age group.
    If you continue to truly believe this then it seems to me you are choosing to do so because it's then something you feel you can justifiably claim that it's their problem that they behave this way.

If you were to tell yourself that you were actively going to resist getting in to any relationship but were going to try to meet as many new people as possible and just get to know them while doing something you enjoy, I bet you'd click with someone.

You ask a lot of questions, (which is fine) but imo you don't seem to listen to the answers.

Silverman. It's been said a thousand times that it's not all about looks. For any age group. If you continue to truly believe this then it seems to me you are choosing to do so because it's then something you feel you can justifiably claim that it's their problem that they behave this way.

If you were to tell yourself that you were actively going to resist getting in to any relationship but were going to try to meet as many new people as possible and just get to know them while doing something you enjoy, I bet you'd click with someone.

You ask a lot of questions, (which is fine) but imo you don't seem to listen to the answers.

Its because I disagree and its worth noting that barely anyone on this thread is in that age bracket.

• Advertisement

Silverman. wrote:
    Its because I disagree and its worth noting that barely anyone on this thread is in that age bracket.

How do you know?
    Do you think none of us have been in that age group or don't have friends, family, colleagues in that age group?

How do you know? Do you think none of us have been in that age group or don't have friends, family, colleagues in that age group?

Cos most of the posters say their age and are you in those peoples' heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

How do you know?
    Do you think none of us have been in that age group or don't have friends, family, colleagues in that age group?

Or were in that age group ourselves at some point.

Having said that, I would recommend you do what I didn't do when I was your age; go out, get some of the dutch courage and try to get over the sting of rejection.

cantdecide wrote: »

Hahaha. Deffo wouldn't be me. Couldn't jump that high I'd kneecap myself :D

Silverman. wrote:
    Cos most of the posters say their age and are you in those peoples' heads?

No but I've been reading what most have already been saying to you.

And as several others have said, I've no wish to argue with you. I just feel you have a viewpoint which is self perpetuating your experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

In the mountains bordering waterford and tipp there's dozens

Though this would also depend how you feel on isolation and mild alcoholism to pass the time

Where do ya fall on a ginger beard

I was tempted to say something really rather rude :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Silverman. wrote: »
    But if ur not the best looking ur f**ked.

Your (and any hetero male's) perception of a
    good-looking guy is probably way different to that of a hetero female.

And thinking you are fukked is self-defeatist.

Not your ornery onager

No but I've been reading what most have already been saying to you.

And as several others have said, I've no wish to argue with you. I just feel you have a viewpoint which is self perpetuating your experience.

I think one poster was in that age bracket.

Seriously though: why do you slice a quoted reply into multi-quotes? What is up with that?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I know so many women that DO NOT like that type.

Hold the phone, you're telling me that women are like people, and different ones like different things?

I was tempted to say something really rather rude :eek::D

What might that be? :)

Esel wrote:
    Seriously though: why do you slice a quoted reply into multi-quotes? What is up with that?
    Hahahaha I'm on the phone app. Only way to do it.
    OhHiMark wrote:
    Hold the phone, you're telling me that women are like people, and different ones like different things?
    Actually not what I'm saying but good effort.

Do you know what?

If, as you think, that barely anyone on this thread is in that age bracket, you should look on that as a positive, because you are getting t benefit of their wisdom and experience.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote:
    If, as you think, that barely anyone on this thread is in that age bracket, you should look on that as a positive, because you are getting t benefit of their wisdom and experience.

But old people aren't cool. I want to be cool.

On the touch site?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Actually not what I'm saying but good effort.

So you're saying that all women want the same thing in a man?

Silverman. wrote:

If you're serious about this then you know what you're right, no one else here is in the 12 - 15 age group.

OhHiMark wrote:
    So you're saying that all women want the same thing in a man?

Who said that?

If you're serious about this then you know what you're right, no one else here is in the 12 - 15 age group.

Hahahaha zing.

Have to say my finger is hovering over Ignore at this stage.

Were you here before by any chance?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote:
    Have to say my finger is hovering over Ignore at this stage.
    Ah now, don't be like that.

Silverman. wrote:
    Hahahaha zing.

See, with a lot of the stuff you've come out with, I'm still not convinced you were joking.

Tbh everyone ye are all alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Phew. I was worried there for a second :pac:

• Advertisement

Tigger99 wrote:
    Phew. I was worried there for a second

Tigger you messer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement